E3 Stopped working in Win2K !

Post by Ron Snide » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 03:25:13

Win2K machine networked to an XP Home machine. Scanner is connected to the
Win2K machine.

Last week it worked fine. I came to the office on Monday and I can't invoke
Microtek ScanWizard from CorelDraw or from IrfanView ! When I do a Select
Device, nothing is in the list.

The SCSI card and Scanner appear to be "OK" in Device Manager.   I have
uninstalled and reinstalled ScanWizard 2.6 ... but no change.
Possible issues:

Printer: Whether by coincidence, on Friday I had been fiddling with share
names for the printer I want to share.

OE6: Also on Monday, I found I could not get Outlook Express 6 to
open/launch, always get the same error message: "msimn.exe has generated
errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created"

*********************

Thanks for any insights!

-Ron-

E3 Stopped working in Win2K !

Post by Ron Snide » Thu, 13 Dec 2001 05:49:13

I just noticed that if I login to Win2K as Admin, the scanner and Outlook
Express both work...but not when i log in normally as a  user.

-Ron-

Quote:> Win2K machine networked to an XP Home machine. Scanner is connected to the
> Win2K machine.

> Last week it worked fine. I came to the office on Monday and I can't
invoke
> Microtek ScanWizard from CorelDraw or from IrfanView ! When I do a Select
> Device, nothing is in the list.

> The SCSI card and Scanner appear to be "OK" in Device Manager.   I have
> uninstalled and reinstalled ScanWizard 2.6 ... but no change.
> Possible issues:

> Printer: Whether by coincidence, on Friday I had been fiddling with share
> names for the printer I want to share.

> OE6: Also on Monday, I found I could not get Outlook Express 6 to
> open/launch, always get the same error message: "msimn.exe has generated
> errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the
program.
> An error log is being created"

> *********************

> Thanks for any insights!

> -Ron-

1. E3 XBOX E3 XBOX E3 XBOX E3 XBOX

E3. What are your thoughts? We haven't heard much from MS lately. i
Guess ther is just one good reason for that....E3.....they want to
make it BIG this time!

Here is a list of things i think they will clarify/announce:

XBOX Live plans
Project Ego's new name and release date
MGSX release date
GTA3 release date
Unreal Championship release date
Brute Force Release date
Breed release date
SoF2
Doom 3
Mafia
BUNGIE'S SECRET GAME!

Please add to the list if you think something is missing!
Let's hope someone at MS reads this:)

2. iso image?

3. Microtek E3, ScanWiz. v2.6, and Win2K

4. X10 for ext. speaker levels?

5. Processor stopped working with motherboard.But the two are working with other combinations

6. Names of Constraint Triggers

7. Please help (Win2k STOP errors)

8. How to model my home loan?

9. Win2K stops polling USB bulk in pipe

10. microtek e3 vs. e3 plus?

11. Microtek E3 (SCSI, 24-bit) vs. Microtek E3 Plus (Parallel, 30-bit)?

12. Will Microtek scanmaker e3 plus Parallel port version work as a scsi

13. Microtek E3 won't work with Win2000