Xerox WorkCentre 385 scanner won't install in Windows 2000

Xerox WorkCentre 385 scanner won't install in Windows 2000

Post by Patrick Robert » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:00:07

I have a Xerox Workcentre 385 installed on a Windows 2000 computer.  I have
downloaded and installed the latest print, fax and scanner drivers from the
Xerox web site for Win 2000.  The printer works fine.  However, the system
doesn't see the scanner.  I re-installed the drivers and rebooted as
instructed but still nothing.  I called XEROX and all they said was to look
on their web site under that device and see if there are any articles
addressing this issue (there aren't).   I went through the Control Panel in
Win 2000 to Add a scanner and when it asked for .inf file I went to the
directory where I unpacked the latest drivers but no .inf file there.

I would appreciate any help anyone can give.  We have a lot of stuff to scan
in and OCR and we are getting way behind.  Thanks.

--

1. Workcentre 385 Fax and Scanner Problem

Im having trouble getting my Xerox scanner to communicate with my PC. Its
hooked up to my LPT1 port and Im able to print but the fax and scannner
won't work. I've installed the latest drivers and get no responce from the
modem in control panel modem settings. If you've had this problem and found
a solution please e-mail me. Thanks Don

2. HP CD-Writer 6020 ?

3. Xerox WorkCentre 470cx and Windows 2000 network printing problem

4. SBS 4.5 Shared Folder Problem

5. WorkCentre 385 Win2K

6. t1lib-0.7-beta is available

7. Double-sided printing on WorkCentre 385?

8. OPC LIFE TEXAS MICROLASER PLUS

9. Project 2000 keeps installing SP files on Win2K, but won't install

10. errors with windows after installing xerox workcentre printer M940

11. Xerox 385 or 480CX Printer

12. I installed Visio 2000, now my Office '97 apps won't run

13. UMAX does not 'support' the VistaScan S-12 series of Scanners in Windows 2000.