Which scanner is best

Post by jpaynte » Fri, 15 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I am currently running Windows NT build 1381 SP3.

After spending several months ironing out teething problems with NT and
Zip Drives etc.  I wish to purchase a completely NT compatible scanner.

Any suggestions, experiences etc that would help me make my choice?

Thanks.

Which scanner is best

Post by Kovie Ada » Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I like the Microtek E3, and so do many others from reading this newsgroup.
$177.55 including shipping from CDW. It's a basic 300x600 flatbed, but is
really good at what it does. Nearly legal sized, too (13.5"). Like
everything, it really depends on what you want to do with it and how much
you can spend. For around $500 you can get their 600x1200 E6, which comes
with the full version of Adobe Photoshop 4.0. This is the one I'll probably
end up getting once I can afford it, as the E3 is for the office and I want
to restore old family photos, most of which are rather small, so the extra
resolution will help.
--
Kovie

(Remove last four letters to reply)

Spammers feel free to contact:

Which scanner is best

Post by Tim Engli » Wed, 20 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Except for the plastic hinge on the lid that breaks...

:>I like the Microtek E3, and so do many others from reading this newsgroup.
:>$177.55 including shipping from CDW. It's a basic 300x600 flatbed, but is
:>really good at what it does. Nearly legal sized, too (13.5"). Like
:>everything, it really depends on what you want to do with it and how much
:>you can spend. For around $500 you can get their 600x1200 E6, which comes
:>with the full version of Adobe Photoshop 4.0. This is the one I'll probably
:>end up getting once I can afford it, as the E3 is for the office and I want
:>to restore old family photos, most of which are rather small, so the extra
:>resolution will help.

Which scanner is best

Post by Sky Johnso » Wed, 20 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Tim English wrote (regarding the Microtek E3):

Quote:

> Except for the plastic hinge on the lid that breaks...

(which is yet another reason I'm happy with my Umax Vista S-6e)