Canon scanner software package

Post by Adopt-a-Greyhoun » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 01:51:59

I am looking at getting a Canon scanner and am checking the D660U or the
N670U. How is the accompanying software for these scanners? The scanner
would be mostly for home and school use. How are these scanners with WIN XP?
Thanks
Pierre
Tampa, FL

Canon scanner software package

Post by Jan Hoolwe » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 01:02:43

Hello Adopt-a-Greyhound,

 AaG> I am looking at getting a Canon scanner and am checking the D660U
 AaG> or the N670U. How is the accompanying software for these
 AaG> scanners?

I have a N670U and i'm satisfied with the scanning software itself, the
TWAIN driver ScanGear and Toolbox i mean. Decent possibilities to
optimize the actual scan.

 AaG> The scanner would be mostly for home and school use.

You get OmniPage 9.0 Pro for OCR work and ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000 and
ArcSoft PhotoBase. I don't use those two so to get an impression of
these packaged visit http://www.arcsoft.com

 AaG> How are these scanners with WIN XP?

I don't know if they are on the driver cd that came with the scanner
but I downloaded the latest version of the drivers from Canon. In every
flavour from W9x to W2K and WinXP ready for download.

regards, Jan Hoolwerf

--

+ http://hoolwerf.webhop.org

Canon scanner software package

Post by Alan » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 06:11:55

does your scanner work in different user accounts if you have that on  your
computer?  Limited accounts as well as admin account?

al

> Hello Adopt-a-Greyhound,

>  AaG> I am looking at getting a Canon scanner and am checking the D660U
>  AaG> or the N670U. How is the accompanying software for these
>  AaG> scanners?

> I have a N670U and i'm satisfied with the scanning software itself, the
> TWAIN driver ScanGear and Toolbox i mean. Decent possibilities to
> optimize the actual scan.

>  AaG> The scanner would be mostly for home and school use.

> You get OmniPage 9.0 Pro for OCR work and ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000 and
> ArcSoft PhotoBase. I don't use those two so to get an impression of
> these packaged visit http://www.arcsoft.com

>  AaG> How are these scanners with WIN XP?

> I don't know if they are on the driver cd that came with the scanner
> but I downloaded the latest version of the drivers from Canon. In every
> flavour from W9x to W2K and WinXP ready for download.

> regards, Jan Hoolwerf

> --

> + http://hoolwerf.webhop.org

---

Canon scanner software package

Post by Jan Hoolwe » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:26:58

Hello Alan,

[ about CanoScan N67 ]

 A> does your scanner work in different user accounts if you have
 A> that on  your computer?  Limited accounts as well as admin
 A> account?

Sorry, can't help you because everything and everybody uses the
administrator account of Win2K and with an automatic login :-)

I use Win2K for stability but for the rest it's like W9x for me.

regards, Jan Hoolwerf

--

+ http://hoolwerf.webhop.org

1. Canon 5020 and Canon 3080 Scanners - Drivers

Folks - Perhaps you can help me. We are running a pilot for paperless
office and we are using the 2 above scanners to scan in ducuments
which have grey within them. The drivers supplied are reading the
pages as 3/4 full rather than just the data on the form. Thus a 23
page form comes out at 3.8mb, whereas another scanner does the same
scan as 1.4mb. These fioles are in PDF format so that they can be
commented on. I have spoken to canon about this and they have stated
that it is the driver fault and that they are sending it to japan for
the devlopers. This menas we still have the problem, anyone with any
advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Martin

2. ORACLE developers - USA, Forms 4.5 etc. DBA’s, PL/SQL multiple positions country wide Contract or Full-time

3. vista scan software with canon scanner?

4. Crazy dynamic redirection - need guru help

5. Canon scanner software

6. OS 10.1 and CW 7 EA

7. Canoscan software for Canon Scanner 2700

8. Amiga Demon customers URGENT

9. Help - Scanner software package needed

10. Canon scanner software

11. need software for canon ix-12 scanner

12. FS: Computer Software, Hard Drives, Scanners, Memory, CompactFlash, USB Hub -Many new, in package!

13. Canon IX30-F scanner software?