Question re SCSI Card & Scanner Interface Card

Question re SCSI Card & Scanner Interface Card

Post by Anonymous Writ » Sun, 24 May 1998 04:00:00

I have an inexpensive SCSI scanner (LeoScan  made by FIC) which came
with its own interface card which works fine.  Since I already have
several SCSI devices attached to my Advansys card, I thought it would
be no problem to add this one (5 total not including controller).  I
cannot get any software to recognize the scanner.  Does the fact that
it is a twain compliant scanner matter?  I did install the twain
drivers which came with the scanner.  Are there others?  I have tried
both Textbridge and Photo Shop with no luck. The scanner is recognized
on the bus as I can see it in the device manager as working properly.
Any help would be appreciated.  Since the scanner does work with the
proprietary card, this is for my info so I may be more knowledgeable
in the future.  Thanks for listening and any help you may offer.

Mike

1. That el cheapo scsi card that comes with UMAX scanners is really a Domex 3181e card!!!!

UMAX tries to fool us and say this card will only work with their channers,
but really it's just an OEM'ed Domex 3181e card...

Take a look at http://www.domexusa.com/product_/scsi____/3181e__1.htm and
you'll see this is the same card that came with your umax scanner...

The driver to allow you to use this card as a normal ISA scsi controller
(external devices only, obviously) in DOS, Win9x, and NT is available at
http://www.domexusa.com/service_/driver__/dtc3181x.exe ...

Thanks to El Franco for clearing this up... this should solve the SCSI +
Win98 problems that many people are having.

2. license prices - Advance Server

3. Mustek 1200P scanner/SCSI interface card

4. Walmart 95

5. I'm trying to interface HP4C scanner to a 2940uw adaptec SCSI Card.

6. Advice for Hardware for Mac 512

7. NEED SCSI Interface card (PC) for Abaton scanner

8. Help with QoS, Please

9. Which SCSI card in IBM AT to drive Adaptec 5580 SCSI-SMD interface?

10. WANTED: 11x17 scanner -or- Interface Card & cable for Fujitsu m3096E+ CHEAP

11. NEED:For Microtek MS-II Scanner, PCX Interface Card & Software

12. Conflicting sound card & scsi scanner... Help!