Ping, ED Hamrick

Post by Rene Lamontagn » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:03:01

Hello Ed, Will Vuescan be able to support A Canon D1250U2F in the future or
is this one of the impossible ones as mentioned on your www site.

Thank You
--
Regards, Rene Lamontagne

Ping, ED Hamrick

Post by Ed Hamric » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:47:46

> Hello Ed, Will Vuescan be able to support A Canon D1250U2F in the future
or
> is this one of the impossible ones as mentioned on your www site.

I don't have plans to support this scanner.  It's a parallel-port
scanner internally.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Ping, ED Hamrick

Post by Larry Lync » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:59:02

says...

> > Hello Ed, Will Vuescan be able to support A Canon D1250U2F in the future
> or
> > is this one of the impossible ones as mentioned on your www site.

> I don't have plans to support this scanner.  It's a parallel-port
> scanner internally.

> Regards,
> Ed Hamrick

Ed:

While you were away I posted that I would ship you a Pacific Imaging
PF1800 to use for a while, If I could afford the shipping/insurance
ect... I'm totally un-aware of where it is you actually live!!

I really like this scanner, but Im sure I would like it better if it
worked with VueScan.

The SilverFast driver that came with it just doesnt do it justice.

Silverfast SE 5.0(came with it) puts noise bands in the light areas of
every scan. The PI driver for the 1800-U does a good job (no noise bands
at all unless you scan in draft mode. (this seems to be what silverfast
is doing-scanning in "normal or "Draft" mode, with no menu option that
makes it work properly!)

Using just the PI "*view" driver the scanner works really well but
the driver only has profiles for about 4 types of film (none of which
seem to do the proper correction for me) so I get a perfect scan DETAIL-
WISE, but I have to spend many minutes per scan in PhotoShop getting the
color corrected.

Anyhow, I hope you are able to support this scanner, and I will send you
mine to use (again, if I CAN, I have no clue as to what shipping it to
Europe from Connecticut would cost)

e-mail

Larry *
Mystic, Ct. (USA)

Ping, ED Hamrick

Post by Ed Hamric » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:16:33

> Anyhow, I hope you are able to support this scanner, and I will send you
> mine to use (again, if I CAN, I have no clue as to what shipping it to
> Europe from Connecticut would cost)

I bought a PF3600 last Saturday and dumped out the commands it
uses.  It appears to use a Genesys Logic GL640 USB to Parallel
converter, but I can't recognize the commands that the
parallel-port chip inside it use.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to add support in VueScan
for any PIE scanners.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Ping, ED Hamrick

Post by Larry Lync » Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:12:36

says...

> > Anyhow, I hope you are able to support this scanner, and I will send you
> > mine to use (again, if I CAN, I have no clue as to what shipping it to
> > Europe from Connecticut would cost)

> I bought a PF3600 last Saturday and dumped out the commands it
> uses.  It appears to use a Genesys Logic GL640 USB to Parallel
> converter, but I can't recognize the commands that the
> parallel-port chip inside it use.

> It doesn't look like I'll be able to add support in VueScan
> for any PIE scanners.

> Regards,
> Ed Hamrick

GGGGGGAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

What a disapointment....

Well, like I said, the scanner does a good job clarity/definition wise,
so maybe PI will write a different driver (but I wont hold my breath),
or SilverFas will clean up thier act. (a test of the version 6 driver
for that scanner from silverfast had so many problems, I couldn't list
them..

Larry *
Mystic, Ct (USA

Ping, ED Hamrick

Post by Mitchel » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 23:36:47

> > Hello Ed, Will Vuescan be able to support A Canon D1250U2F in the future
>  or
> > is this one of the impossible ones as mentioned on your www site.

> I don't have plans to support this scanner.  It's a parallel-port
> scanner internally.

> Regards,
> Ed Hamrick

Hi - I'm new to the VueScan world and to the Canon D1250U2F.  When I
found out about VueScan I really got my hopes up and downloaded it but
it did not see my scanner. I sure would like to see VueScan support
for this new Canon scanner and am more than willing to register the
software if it produces better results than the native apps that came
in the box.

Could you provide more info regarding your comments that "its a
parallel-port scanner internally"? What difference does that make, for
the sake of understanding?

Thank you for your consideration of this request,
MitchellT
Richmond VA USA

1. Ping: Ed Hamrick (Vuescan Preview)

I was going to post the question below, before I attempted to find a way
to answer my own question. I noticed that the Canon ScanGear has a
"Cancel" button while Previewing, which I thought would entirely cancel
the execution of the software, but it didn't. It provided me with a way
to get that partial preview. I did try this in Vuescan, and used the
"Abort" button/function, which does the same thing.

One thing I'm finding strange, in a good way, is that I can now switch
between ScanGear and Vuescan. Previously, if I executed Vuescan, the
ScanGear would no longer work, till a reboot.

However, I'm still hoping for that TWAIN interface for Vuescan <hint> :)

Thanks, Ed.

Uni

2. Who uses the Video Toaster anymore?

3. Ping Ed Hamrick

4. Programming the AdLib/Soundblaster...

5. ed.hamrick@hamrick.com

6. supplement

7. ping ping ping: Bug or Feature - that's the question :-)]

8. COMCTL32 4.7x Listview trouble

9. Canon FS4000 problem..Help!! Ed Hamrick advice appreciated!!

10. Suggestions for Ed Hamrick

11. For Ed Hamrick

12. To Ed Hamrick: VueScan 7.6.11 user interface bug

13. Questions for Ed Hamrick