Film Scanner advice needed

Post by Joe72 » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 02:59:15

Hi - I have a bunch of 35mm slides I'd like to scan into my PC.  I am
looking for a film scanner that will feed the slides automatically instead
of have to place the slides in a holder.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Joe

Film Scanner advice needed

Post by u.. » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:31:48

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:59:15 GMT, "Joe727"

>Hi - I have a bunch of 35mm slides I'd like to scan into my PC.  I am
>looking for a film scanner that will feed the slides automatically instead
>of have to place the slides in a holder.

>Anyone have any suggestions?
>Thanks
>Joe

Nikon LS4000 has a 50 slide feeder. Boring to feed one slide at a time
into a scanner all day long.
http://www.nikonusa.com/usa_product/product.jsp?cat=7&grp=702&product...

Film Scanner advice needed

Post by Joe72 » Sun, 05 Jan 2003 18:35:26

> On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:59:15 GMT, "Joe727"

> >Hi - I have a bunch of 35mm slides I'd like to scan into my PC.  I am
> >looking for a film scanner that will feed the slides automatically
instead
> >of have to place the slides in a holder.

> >Anyone have any suggestions?
> >Thanks
> >Joe

> Nikon LS4000 has a 50 slide feeder. Boring to feed one slide at a time
> into a scanner all day long.

http://www.nikonusa.com/usa_product/product.jsp?cat=7&grp=702&product...
Very nice and it ought to be.  A bit out of my price range though.

Have any thoughts about this film scanner?

http://www.smartdisk.com/Products/Scanners/SmartScan3600.asp

Thanks for responding.

Joe

Film Scanner advice needed

Post by Deathwalke » Tue, 07 Jan 2003 08:05:12

minolta scan elite II can take 4 slides at a time, 6 negs or a whole roll of
aps with the optional adapter.

> > On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:59:15 GMT, "Joe727"

> > >Hi - I have a bunch of 35mm slides I'd like to scan into my PC.  I am
> > >looking for a film scanner that will feed the slides automatically
> instead
> > >of have to place the slides in a holder.

> > >Anyone have any suggestions?
> > >Thanks
> > >Joe

> > Nikon LS4000 has a 50 slide feeder. Boring to feed one slide at a time
> > into a scanner all day long.

http://www.nikonusa.com/usa_product/product.jsp?cat=7&grp=702&product...

Quote:

> Very nice and it ought to be.  A bit out of my price range though.

> Have any thoughts about this film scanner?

> http://www.smartdisk.com/Products/Scanners/SmartScan3600.asp

> Thanks for responding.

> Joe

1. film scanners - advice needed

Hi all! Looking to purchase a film scanner, need something high quality!
A friend lent me a Nikon coolscan for a while, (the 2000 I think?) and
whilst it was pretty good, there were some nags.

The colours were a little off - I would want access to better colour
correction curves.
The software sucked bigtime - it has a non-standard UI, it forgets your
preferences every time you load a new film, it crashes at the slightest
provocation. etc.

The film loader could accept at most 6 negs in a strip - are there and film
scanners that can feed through an entire roll of film, say 36 shots?  This
would be a serious benfit for us because we routinely scan several hundred
photos.

Other than that the ICE feature seemed to work pretty well; certainly if you
forgot to turn it on, the results were very dirty.
Most of my nags were with the ridiculous software supplied - it turned the
scanning into a chore.

thanks all!

Michael Tomlinson

2. Voice Mail Notification

3. Help, Need Advice - Fix dead film scanner or buy new one.

4. Need help getting sendmail to run on Linux 8.0

5. Advice needed: Film scanner for black and white negatives

6. change partition size

7. Film slide scanner, need advice.

8. Pen-OS/2: Support for 2 buttons with ArtPad II?

9. Need some advice on buying a film scanner.

10. Need advice on 35mm film scanner

11. Need Film Scanner for Odd Film Sizes

12. Canoscan4000 vs Minolta Scan Elite II - Would like to receice advice for film scanner