Need Advice for PrimeFilm Slide Scanner

Post by PEmpson1 » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 03:13:49

I just got one of these scanners and although my slides appear to be good, the
colors that come out after scanning is pale and not the correct colors.  I just
have the settings at the default.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these scanners that can give me
some advice on getting better results on my scanned slides?

Pat

Need Advice for PrimeFilm Slide Scanner

Post by UrbanVoyeu » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:13:41

Try using Silverfast SE. It should give you much better results.

www.urbanvoyeur.com

> I just got one of these scanners and although my slides appear to be good,
the
> colors that come out after scanning is pale and not the correct colors.  I
just
> have the settings at the default.

> Does anyone have any experience with one of these scanners that can give
me
> some advice on getting better results on my scanned slides?

> Pat

Need Advice for PrimeFilm Slide Scanner

Post by Arthur Entlic » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 08:33:23

I assume you have the upright model, the 1800 AF or something like that,
not the clam shell...

I don't have an answer for you but I can tell you yours is the second
complaint I have heard about this problem.  I know that the earlier
Primescan models (the 1800U, which was a clam shell design) while hardly
being the leading edge, was a very reasonable 1800 ppi scanner at a very
good price.  Since this scanner is made by a division of Microtek, who
also makes some of the best film scanners on the market, I suspect that
this model can produce a decent scan within its physical limitations.
Earlier some defective units have been released or there is more to
learn in terms of the software to get the decent results.

Although it is certainly possible Microtek has created a dud, I'd be
surprised.  The company has some very good film scanner expertise within
the company.

Art

> I just got one of these scanners and although my slides appear to be good, the
> colors that come out after scanning is pale and not the correct colors.  I just
> have the settings at the default.

> Does anyone have any experience with one of these scanners that can give me
> some advice on getting better results on my scanned slides?

> Pat

1. Primefilm Slide Scanner Software Needed

I have a Primefilm 1800u and am scanning old slides.  The software that came
with it is Cyberview which seems quite cumbersome to use when frequent
adjustments due to light and dark slides.

Is there software that will work with this scanner that is easier to use
without spending a lot of money?

Pat

2. Printer list and theirs properties ?

3. PacificImage Primefilm 1800 slide and film scanner

4. DEC VAX programmers needed

5. Film slide scanner, need advice.

6. SharePoint Developer.....

7. Scanning slides with Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II & Vuescan 6.3-- need advice (slides too dark)?

8. Time Formats in XSL/XSLT

9. Need an advice from experienced users (PrimeFilm 1800U)

10. Help needed ! PrimeFilm 1800 AFL scanner

11. Looking for advice on a Film/Slide Scanner

12. Slide scanner advice

13. Advice please - scanner for scanning prints & slides