Coolscan 8000 Problem

Post by Chri » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:53:01

I purchased a nikon coolscan 8000 scanner around eight weeks ago.
First one lasted about two weeks started making a banging noise when
the film was loading, the supplier replaced the scanner for a new one.

The replacement scanner has now developed a problem, with the
following error displaying "The stage locking*is still in
place.Please remove it"

The scanner was working fine until this error, there is nothing in the
manual about locking screws etc;

Anyone had a similar problem before I ship it back again!

Not getting much luck with these scanners are they known to be
unreliable?

Thanks
Chris

Coolscan 8000 Problem

Post by Tom » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:17:40

Quote:> I purchased a nikon coolscan 8000 scanner around eight weeks ago.
> First one lasted about two weeks started making a banging noise when
> the film was loading, the supplier replaced the scanner for a new one.

> The replacement scanner has now developed a problem, with the
> following error displaying "The stage locking*is still in
> place.Please remove it"

> The scanner was working fine until this error, there is nothing in the
> manual about locking screws etc;

> Anyone had a similar problem before I ship it back again!

> Not getting much luck with these scanners are they known to be
> unreliable?

> Thanks
> Chris

What did Nikon technical support say?

What, you didn't call Nikon technical support?

Let us know after you have.

My original LS8000 door switch was bad and Nikon replaced the whole unit.
Just had me ship it in and they shipped another.  Very good support.

Unit has been working almost daily in commercial use since then with no
problems.

Tom

Coolscan 8000 Problem

Post by Chri » Tue, 29 Apr 2003 02:14:53

Quote:> What did Nikon technical support say?

> What, you didn't call Nikon technical support?

> Let us know after you have.

> My original LS8000 door switch was bad and Nikon replaced the whole unit.
> Just had me ship it in and they shipped another.  Very good support.

> Unit has been working almost daily in commercial use since then with no
> problems.

> Tom

I have contacted Nikon Technical Support, no comeback yet probably
because of the weekend.

Hoping someone could come up with a solution in the mean time!

What error did you have with the faulty door switch?

Chris

1. Vuescan - Problem w/Coolscan 8000

When I set preview to Automatic resolution a preview takes forever and
consumes tremendous memory  -Please check this Ed - I think it's
trying to do it at 4000 dpi in extra fine mode or something.

Also - It would be nice if other resolutions were choosable besides
4000,2000 and 1000 dpi.

Rich Quindry

2. Cheap Wall Displays

3. Are there problems with Nikon Coolscan 4000/8000/IV Scanners?

4. ISDN backup IOS version 11.1(9)

5. New group for Coolscan 8000/4000 users

6. RCS (source management tool) for OpenVMS AXP ?

7. Question about Coolscan 8000 ED holders

8. 2501: How to erase config w/out enable password?

9. Nikon Super Coolscan 8000 help

10. Vuescan 7.2.9/Nikon Coolscan 8000 question for Ed Hamrick

11. Nikon CoolScan 8000

12. Nikon Super coolscan 8000 price in UK?

13. 8000 with 380MB trident disk vs. a 1108-turned 8000 ?