Help, Need Advice - Fix dead film scanner or buy new one.

Help, Need Advice - Fix dead film scanner or buy new one.

Post by JP » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 04:41:30

OK unless I can somehow get an extended warranty on the Polaroid sprintscan
4000 that doesn't work (I wasn't the original purchaser) It will cost approx
$500 to fix. This is getting into the price of a new scanner, though not
quite at the same resolution level.

What would you all suggest, spend $500 to get it fixed or buy a new $500
model, or even $250 for a minolta scan dual. What reasons one way or
another.

Cheers,

Justin.

--
Remove underwear to reply direct.

Spambait

1. Need some advice on buying a film scanner.

I have to scan 1000 35mm color slides for a offset printed product
catalog.

No I'm looking for a film scanner being able to automatically process at
least a few dozen  slides. The only scanner I know right now is the
Nikon LS-2000 with the automatic slide feeder SF-200 attached. Are there
any other solutions?

Cheers!
Flo

2. 56k modems - can they be used?

3. Problem using Exabyte 8200

4. looking for advice on which film scanner to buy

5. How do I make a webpage switch to another after time?

6. Please help, need advice to buy a scanner

7. Film Scanner advice needed

8. Advice needed: Film scanner for black and white negatives

9. Film slide scanner, need advice.

10. film scanners - advice needed

11. Need advice on 35mm film scanner