Beige G3 using OSX not recognizing scanner

Beige G3 using OSX not recognizing scanner

Post by Gale » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 07:35:52

Ever since I updated to OS X (currently 10.2.3) I've not been able to
use my Microtek X6 SCSI scanner without rebooting to OS 9.2.
Other SCSI devices work on the port as long as the scanner is not
turned on.
System profiler doesn't see the scanner.
I've tried changing the order and SCSI id's.
I've tried updating the SCSI drivers but on my G3 it is part of the
motherboard and not a PCI card, thus according to Apple, not
upgradeable.
I've tried starting the scanner both before and after booting the
computer.
I've tried updating scanner drivers and using Vue Scan.
None of this has helped. Microtek has not responded e-mail support
requests and Apple just says its not a OSX problem and refers me to
Microtek.

Any suggestions?