Epson Expression 636 vs. Expression 800?

Epson Expression 636 vs. Expression 800?

Post by Thomas Fli » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm in the market for a new flat bed scanner.  Mostly I'll be using it
to scan photos, possibly slides in the future.  I've pretty much
narrowed it down to the Epson Expression line.  I'm a little confused
about the 800 vs the 636.  The 800 has an optical res. of 800dpi while
the 636 has an optical res. of 600dpi, however I've found the "artist"
bundles to go for almost the same price.

Is there a downfall to the 800 that I'm not aware of?  Any input
regarding the Epson line, would be greatly appreciated.  As well as
any other scanners suggestions in the sub $1000 range.

Thanks for your time,

Thomas

1. Epson Perfection 636 or Expression 800 for scan quality

I have seen the Epson Perfection 636 rated highly in several
magazines, although one or two of the reviews only give it a good
(rather than excellent) for image quality. The HP 6200 received an
"excellent".

My question is, for 800x600 image scans (for monitor output) is the
image quality "excellent" on the 636 and better than the HP?  Would I
see a significant quality increase with the (double price) Epson 800?
I will be scanning mostly photos and I currently have an HP 4C.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ricoh 1420c Video CD Problems

3. Microtek ScanMaker 4 vs X6EL vs Epson 636 Expression Artist 2

4. Tiny Firewall In Great!

5. Epson Expression 636 Artist 2 or Perfection 636

6. THANKSGIVING WEEK SPECIALS!!!!

7. Espson Expression 636 Vs. Perfection 636.

8. Tests As The Spec

9. Epson Expression 636 vs. Lower Cost scanners

10. Epson Expression 800 vs. Umax Powerlook III

11. Epson Expression 800 vs. Agfa T1200

12. What's the difference between Expression 636 and Perfection 636