GRAININESS IN FACES

Post by snoop » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:26:01

Hello. I just got a new HP printer & when I went to print some photos they
were still coming out a bit grainy in the faces. I know that this must be
something I am doing wrong in the scanning process. I have a Canon
ScanCraft CS-P, which I like, & use PaintShopPro6 to edit. I just would
like to know the best settings in which to scan to eliminate the graininess
(which seems to be mostly in the face areas) in the printed photo. The rest
of the picture looks really good. I'm not that computer literate, so am I
doing something wrong in the resolution area or what. Any help today would
be most appreciated.
snoopy

GRAININESS IN FACES

Post by snoop » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 01:50:39

Hello. I just got a new HP printer & when I went to print some photos they
were still coming out a bit grainy in the faces. I know that this must be
something I am doing wrong in the scanning process. I have a Canon
ScanCraft CS-P, which I like, & use PaintShopPro6 to edit. I just would
like to know the best settings in which to scan to eliminate the graininess
(which seems to be mostly in the face areas) in the printed photo. The rest
of the picture looks really good. I'm not that computer literate, so am I
doing something wrong in the resolution area or what. Any help today would
be most appreciated.
snoopy

GRAININESS IN FACES

Post by Alexander Grigorie » Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:39:46

In some lighting conditions skin colors (especially face) give noticeable
grain (looks like greenish noise). I've seen it many times with Fuji film.
Don't apply sharpening to your scan. Apply some gaussian blur instead.

Quote:> Hello. I just got a new HP printer & when I went to print some photos they
> were still coming out a bit grainy in the faces. I know that this must be
> something I am doing wrong in the scanning process. I have a Canon
> ScanCraft CS-P, which I like, & use PaintShopPro6 to edit. I just would
> like to know the best settings in which to scan to eliminate the
graininess
> (which seems to be mostly in the face areas) in the printed photo. The
rest
> of the picture looks really good. I'm not that computer literate, so am I
> doing something wrong in the resolution area or what. Any help today would
> be most appreciated.
> snoopy

1. Urgent Opening --- Lead Java Developer --- Chicago, IL --- 6+ Months -- Face to Face Necessary

*Hi,*

Please have a look at this rek and let me know if you are comfortable with
this. Also send your updated resume, availability and hourly rate.

*Title*: Lead Java Developer -- HIRE NIGHT - Face to Face Necessary - (No
Phone Screen)

*Location*:  Chicago, IL

*Duration*: 6+ months

*KEY EXPERIENCE:   Experience as a Team Lead*

A lead application developer is responsible for all phases of development to
ensure the project timelines and business objectives are achieved; this is
to include technical design, writing technical specifications, understanding
business requirements, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and
production implementation. Development tasks span entire applications, from
batch processing to web-based user interface development. To be successful,
this senior role will not only be expected to have mastery of technological
requirements below, but also must have been a successful leader in prior
business environments. A technical lead must have demonstrated the ability
to lead and succeed in a group environment, display flexibility, and
communicate proficiently in all mediums.

*Skill*

*Required*

*Importance*

*Level*

*Last Used*

*Experience*

J2EE

Yes

1

Intermediate 5-6

4 - 6 Years

Data Modeling

No

1

Novice 1-2

2 - 4 Years

SQL

Yes

1

Novice 3-4

2 - 4 Years

Core Java

Yes

9

Intermediate 5-6

4 - 6 Years

Unix Shell Scripting

Yes

1

Novice 1-2

1 - 2 Years

WebSphere

Yes

1

Novice 3-4

1 - 2 Years

UNIX

Yes

1

Novice 3-4

1 - 2 Years

WebLogic

No

1

Novice 3-4

1 - 2 Years

*Thanks & Regards,*

*Shashidhar K*

** <http://www.techdemocracy.com/default.html>**

499 Thornall Street, Suite 301

Edison, NJ - 08837

Office:    732-404-8350 (ext. 107) || Fax: 732-549-7020 ||

Hotmail IM: shashidhar5

Yahoo IM:    shashi5654

Website: www.techdemocracy.com

*Awarded 10th position in fast fifty growing companies of NJ.*

*Awarded 92*nd* position as an INC 500 company.*

*Note: Under Bill s.1618 Title III passed by the 105th **U.S.** Congress
this mail cannot be considered Spam as long as we include contact
information and a "REMOVE" link for removal from our mailing list. If you
are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy
this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have
received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
Once again, to be removed from our mailing list reply with REMOVE in the
subject heading of the original email and your email address in the body
from the original email address. Include complete address and/or domain to
be removed*

2. Help importing Excel

3. Urgent Opening -- Sr. PL/SQL Developer -- Boston, MA -- 6-10 Months --- FACE TO FACE NECESSARY!

4. WHY ONLY -9 dBm ?

5. Urgent Opening --- .NET Architect --- NYC --- 6+ Months --- Need to do FACE TO FACE

6. FULL SCREEN & API

7. HOT HOT - Java/J2EE in NJ (FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW REQUIRED)

8. Expressions

9. .NET Developers in Chicago, Illinois-Phone interview followed by a face to face interview

10. Urgent ---Windows Engineering in NY (1 Position)-Face to Face Must

11. Urgent Position with Morgan Stanley-Database Developer in NY (Face to face Must)

12. JAVA Developer--WA (NEED FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW) IMMED INTERVIEW

13. Direct Client .net positions in MD -Direct face to face Interview