Hp Scanjet 51000c & Scanning Software

Post by Chris Hefferna » Sun, 23 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I was able to get the software to work under Windows 98 by simply hitting
Ctrl+Enter at the point where it tells you that you can't use it under Win98

Hp Scanjet 51000c & Scanning Software

Post by Andrew Parkhous » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have  the Hp Scanjet 51000c, and cannot get it to work with the
scanning software that came with it, called PrecisionScan V1.1, under
win98, I did get sent an "update" CD from HP in the Netherlands, but it
is just the same version, and hangs the computer.

What I want to know, is their any *other* software that I can purchase
that would replace the scanning done by PrecisionScan? I know their are
several OCR programs etc. so their must be some other scanning software
that I can buy?

Any help appreciated.
--
Andrew

Hp Scanjet 51000c & Scanning Software

Post by Andrew Parkhous » Mon, 24 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Everyone keeps telling me about it saying that it won't work under
windows 98, but that is not the problem. **I can** install it under
win98, no message comes up. Its just that the program refuses to work,
and hangs upon starting up! I have had the so called upgrade,  but still
no joy.;-(

Quote:>I was able to get the software to work under Windows 98 by simply hitting
>Ctrl+Enter at the point where it tells you that you can't use it under Win98

--
Andrew

Hp Scanjet 51000c & Scanning Software

Post by Michael Wechte » Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hey Andrew,

go to the ControlPanel, System and check if there are any conflicts or
questionmarks etc. with the:

"SCSI" -card or the Scanner

Michael W.