daisy-chaining parallel devices---HELP

Post by Michael Goodma » Mon, 21 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I would like to daisy chain a Canon BJC4000 inkjet printer and a Canoscan
620P scanner to my computer's parallel port. I have a Gateway P-75. The guy
at my local store says no problem, but I'm not so sure. Can anyone shed
some light on this? Also, is a parallel connection appreciably slower than
a USB connection?

Thanks,
Mike Goodman

daisy-chaining parallel devices---HELP

Post by Steve Wetze » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

1st A Parallel connection is way slower than a USB - That Is why I bought  a
USB Scanner.  Parallel port scanners work with MOST printers - the BJ is
probably OK, I know that they will not work with an HP office jet because
the officejet needs to have constant communication with the computer for its
driver to function.

Steve Wetzel

>I would like to daisy chain a Canon BJC4000 inkjet printer and a Canoscan
>620P scanner to my computer's parallel port. I have a Gateway P-75. The guy
>at my local store says no problem, but I'm not so sure. Can anyone shed
>some light on this? Also, is a parallel connection appreciably slower than
>a USB connection?

>Thanks,
>Mike Goodman

daisy-chaining parallel devices---HELP

Post by Ron » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am running a Canoscan FB620P with a HP660C and they work fine.  They will
even print and scan at the same time.

Ron in SW Georgia

>1st A Parallel connection is way slower than a USB - That Is why I bought
>USB Scanner.  Parallel port scanners work with MOST printers - the BJ is
>probably OK, I know that they will not work with an HP office jet because
>the officejet needs to have constant communication with the computer for
its
>driver to function.

>Steve Wetzel

>>I would like to daisy chain a Canon BJC4000 inkjet printer and a Canoscan
>>620P scanner to my computer's parallel port. I have a Gateway P-75. The
guy
>>at my local store says no problem, but I'm not so sure. Can anyone shed
>>some light on this? Also, is a parallel connection appreciably slower than
>>a USB connection?

>>Thanks,
>>Mike Goodman

1. Daisy-chaining another printer on the NeXT Color Bj

Does anyone know of any problems in this regard?  We're having some strange
problems when daisy-chaining another printer (a Canon CJ10) with the NeXT Color
BJ.

If we attempt to print to both printers at the same time (or at least have both
printer drivers rendering at the same time) the Window Server will occasionally
crash.  Another strange problem is that if the "generic" SCSI driver "sg0" is
open when the printer driver for the Color BJ attempts to access it, the driver
correctly reports that the printer is offline/unavailable, but then never
retries the job.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this?  Any workarounds?  Please e-mail
answers or comments to me and I will summarize to the group.  (Please cc: me if
you post as well, so I don't miss it.)  Thanks!

---

Canon Information Systems and I do not share the same views on everything.
"I'm just mad that I missed the sexual revolution." - me
"Yes, but you dress much better as a result." - Mike

2. Manipulating elements during digitizing

3. Daisy-Chain SCSI Devices

4. Help me to Compile C progs

5. Daisy chaining USB devices

6. How To Recover Largest Memory

7. help! Daisy chain won't work...

8. Dictonarys! For Spell Checking!

9. Help with daisy-chained Western Digital Drives

10. problems daisy chaining canon 2710 film scanner

11. Daisy-chain my scanner?

12. Daisy chain SCSI Scanners

13. Visioneer 3100b Daisy Chain zip drive and printer?