Agfa SnapScan 1212p and WinXP

Post by Dyzi » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 05:29:39

Deos anybody know how to run Agfa SnapScan 1212p under WinXP? On the agfa's
website I read it's impossible, but maybe...

Pawel Lewandowski

P.S. When I called Polish (I'm from PL) Agfa's customer service, they told
me that I may install two OSs. I said that I cant afford Win98 & WinXP both.
I asked if there are some drivers for linux, and they answered: "No there
are not, but we have for MacOS, maybe it'll work..." LOL

Agfa SnapScan 1212p and WinXP

Post by kran » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:31:18

Quote:> Deos anybody know how to run Agfa SnapScan 1212p under WinXP? On the
agfa's
> website I read it's impossible, but maybe...

> Pawel Lewandowski

> P.S. When I called Polish (I'm from PL) Agfa's customer service, they told
> me that I may install two OSs. I said that I cant afford Win98 & WinXP
both.
> I asked if there are some drivers for linux, and they answered: "No there
> are not, but we have for MacOS, maybe it'll work..." LOL

I am running 1212P under Win XP -  download the file ISP_1212-P_v1401.EXE
from Agfas website

I had some problems at the beginning, - but at least I can scan now.

Im not sure what made the diffenence, but it might have been the "Parallel
port mode" setting in the BIOS, - the selection is now "EPP". I did this
setting mainly because the printer did print extra pages with a few
characters in the corner. If you have a printer connected, try first to
disconnect it.

Although I can make scannings now, some strange things happens if I try to
select scanner. I can see the 1212P is selected but when i clik OK, I get an
error message "An unexpected error has occured . . ." and the ScanWise
program terminates. - As long as I keep away from the menu item "Select
scanner" - no problem.

I generally find the Scanwise software far better than the old Snapscan
software

BR

Kristian