HP 5p Scanner + HP 6020i = PROBLEMS !!!!!!!!

HP 5p Scanner + HP 6020i = PROBLEMS !!!!!!!!

Post by Gerd Schepe » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I have serious problems with the ASPI-layer drivers from

HP 5p scanner and HP 6020i Recordable CD....

I have the 6020i installed, and doing fine....

But while installing the HP5p Scanner, it places other APIX**** (ASPI)
drivers for the 5P Scanner.

Thereafter the scanner works well, but the 6020i doesn't work
anymore......

Is this problem known, and what can FIX it ?

It's quite interesting that both product are by Hewlett Packard :-)

HP 5p Scanner + HP 6020i = PROBLEMS !!!!!!!!

Post by Pat Fjersta » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

In case you haven't checked, there's a fix for this on the HP Website.
www.hp.com   - search for ASPI

Post by Jonathan Boswe » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

: I have serious problems with the ASPI-layer drivers from
: HP 5p scanner and HP 6020i Recordable CD....

[snip]

I have the identical problem with my HP and a Smart and Friendly
CDR 2006+.  I think this is due to a disagreement between Microsoft
and Adaptec over what WINASPI32 should do.  The Adaptec version
will probably work with your CDR and your HP; mine does.  But
whenever I upgrade my Scanjet software, it wipes out *something*
and disables my CDR.  I just did this last night, with Scanjet 3.0.
My solution was to reinstall my CDR software (Adaptec's EasyCD Pro95).
This overwrote the MS version of the software and restored functionality
to both peripherals.

Incidentally, I also had this happen when I installed an Acer 624a
(24X CDROM ATAPI drive).  The solution to this problem was harder,
and I recommend the WinDAC32 ASPI setup tips, which worked for me.

 - JB

HP 5p Scanner + HP 6020i = PROBLEMS !!!!!!!!

Post by Custom » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I have serious problems with the ASPI-layer drivers from

> HP 5p scanner and HP 6020i Recordable CD....

> I have the 6020i installed, and doing fine....

> But while installing the HP5p Scanner, it places other APIX**** (ASPI)
> drivers for the 5P Scanner.

try switching the slot the card for the scanner is in, I know its ISA and
ISA slots are all the same, but I was on-line with tech support with the
same problem with another bard of scanner and it work. Couldn't believe
it but it worked.

1. HP 5p vs 5pse (Was: HP 5pse vs HP 4)

Could an owner of an 5pse confirm it comes with the Corel Web Designer?
And if yes -- what is Corel Web Designer worth?  I bought a 5p and was
wondering whether the bundled software was worth the difference; I also
have an HP LaserJet 6pse, and the bundled "se" CD is Microsoft Publisher
.... in trial version!

--Marcin

2. OOAD data dictionary tool

3. HP 5p Scanner Communication Problem

4. wanted:postscript printer driver (windows->sun postscript)

5. HP ScanJet 5P scanner on Win 98 - 3.0 driver problem solved - Help awaits you!

6. Passwordless (rsh-style) functions under SSH2

7. Problems after installing hp 5p scanner

8. GVC 28.8 doesn't work in DOS !?!?!?!

9. HP Deskscan / HP 5p

10. HP 5p or HP 5100cxi

11. HP Scanjet 5P, using OLE width HP Deskscan II

12. HP 5pspe scanner and HP 694c copy size problems