Epson Perfection 1200S AVA-2903B and XP

Post by David Forde » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:30:33

My Epson Perfection 1200S came with an Adaptec AVA-2903B SCSI card. I am
currently running Win 98 and would like to upgrade to XP. I can find no
reference to the card either on the Adaptec site or Microsoft XP Hardware
Compatibility list. I have downloaded an XP scanner driver from Epson. Do I
need anything else? Any help gratefully received.

--
David F
__________________________________

Epson Perfection 1200S AVA-2903B and XP

Post by Mac McDougal » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:00:39

Quote:> My Epson Perfection 1200S came with an Adaptec AVA-2903B SCSI card. I am
> currently running Win 98 and would like to upgrade to XP. I can find no
> reference to the card either on the Adaptec site or Microsoft XP Hardware
> Compatibility list. I have downloaded an XP scanner driver from Epson. Do I
> need anything else? Any help gratefully received.

> --
> David F

Would think XP will have drivers for the card.
However, most folks have had to load Adaptec ASPI layer also for many
scanners to work in W2K/XP. Far as I know, ALL Nikon SCSI scanners have
required it, dunno re Epson.

--
        Mac McDougald
Doogle Digital - www.doogle.com

Post by Ian Gra » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 05:28:49

>> My Epson Perfection 1200S came with an Adaptec AVA-2903B SCSI card. I am
>> currently running Win 98 and would like to upgrade to XP. I can find no
>> reference to the card either on the Adaptec site or Microsoft XP Hardware
>> Compatibility list. I have downloaded an XP scanner driver from Epson. Do I
>> need anything else? Any help gratefully received.

>> --
>> David F

>Would think XP will have drivers for the card.
>However, most folks have had to load Adaptec ASPI layer also for many
>scanners to work in W2K/XP. Far as I know, ALL Nikon SCSI scanners have
>required it, dunno re Epson.

I have a 1200S which I now use with a 2940. XP pro detected the SCSI
card and scanner and requested the Twain driver from Epson (....551e).
It installed without any problem and after the pagemanager software
which came with the scanner was installed, it scanned satisfactorily. My
guess is that you will not have any problem with the 2903 which is the
card supplied by Epson and is a fairly minimalist non bootable Adaptec
card, rather like a 2940 but with a D external SCSI 2 connector

I have since abandoned XP before registering and activating it and
returned to W2K.
--
 Ian Gray