ScanMaker E6 and Windows NT 4

Post by Michael Eato » Mon, 12 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I've had my E6 for about 2 years.  I had it working with my 486 running
Windows 95.  I'm now trying to get it to run on my P-200 with NT 4.

I installed the software from the CD and made sure the SCSI card was set to
IRQ 11.  Everything seemed to be ok until I tried to scan using PSP 5.
Everything looked fine, but the app hung and then I received a scanner
timeout from ScanWizard.

I've searched MicroTek's site, but haven't found anything.

Anyone have any luck getting this scanner to work under NT 4?

mike

Post by J.A. McCulloc » Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I've had my E6 for about 2 years.  I had it working with my 486 running
> Windows 95.  I'm now trying to get it to run on my P-200 with NT 4.

> I installed the software from the CD and made sure the SCSI card was set to
> IRQ 11.  Everything seemed to be ok until I tried to scan using PSP 5.
> Everything looked fine, but the app hung and then I received a scanner
> timeout from ScanWizard.

> I've searched MicroTek's site, but haven't found anything.

> Anyone have any luck getting this scanner to work under NT 4?

> mike

Try the site again, tech support-> updated drivers.

ScanMaker E6 and Windows NT 4

Post by Michael Glanze » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Michael Eaton schrieb:

Quote:> I've had my E6 for about 2 years.  I had it working with my 486 running
> Windows 95.  I'm now trying to get it to run on my P-200 with NT 4.

> I installed the software from the CD and made sure the SCSI card was set to
> IRQ 11.  Everything seemed to be ok until I tried to scan using PSP 5.
> Everything looked fine, but the app hung and then I received a scanner

Hi Mike,

My E6 is working fine under Windows NT 4.0. I use the newest Scanwizard
(Ver.2.49)
No problems.
Which SCSI device do you use? the original 1502 adaptec which came with the
scanner
or another scsi card. I have problems to get the scanner work with my Adaptec
2940 AU
It. works only with the aha 1502.
Can you help me?

Michael

Post by J.A. McCulloc » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Michael Eaton schrieb:

> > I've had my E6 for about 2 years.  I had it working with my 486 running
> > Windows 95.  I'm now trying to get it to run on my P-200 with NT 4.

> > I installed the software from the CD and made sure the SCSI card was set to
> > IRQ 11.  Everything seemed to be ok until I tried to scan using PSP 5.
> > Everything looked fine, but the app hung and then I received a scanner

> Hi Mike,

> My E6 is working fine under Windows NT 4.0. I use the newest Scanwizard
> (Ver.2.49)
> No problems.
> Which SCSI device do you use? the original 1502 adaptec which came with the
> scanner
> or another scsi card. I have problems to get the scanner work with my Adaptec
> 2940 AU
> It. works only with the aha 1502.
> Can you help me?

> Michael

Did you set (re-set) the 2940 for use with the scanner? You have to
reduce the speed, and set some 'switches' on the 2940's set-up menu for
the ID that the scanner will use.

ScanMaker E6 and Windows NT 4

Post by Michael Eato » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>> I installed the software from the CD and made sure the SCSI card was set
>> IRQ 11.  Everything seemed to be ok until I tried to scan using PSP 5.
>> Everything looked fine, but the app hung and then I received a scanner
>My E6 is working fine under Windows NT 4.0. I use the newest Scanwizard
>(Ver.2.49)
>No problems.
>Which SCSI device do you use? the original 1502 adaptec which came with the
>scanner

I'm using the 1502 and have downloaded the newest ScanWizard but I am still
getting
lockups!  When I bring up the Scanner Test and try to scan something, it
acts as if
it will scan (the part that scans actually travels back and forth) and then
it just hangs.

This is really bumming me out!  I did read on MicroTeks page that having an
NE2000 network
card may cause problems.  I have a network card, but I'm not using the
drivers that came with
the card.

Other thing...I do have a parallel zip drive (which NT likes to see as
SCSI).

Any ideas?

thanks,

mike

ScanMaker E6 and Windows NT 4

Post by Michael Eato » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Try the site again, tech support-> updated drivers.

Did that...still no luck.

thanks,

mike

1. Microtec Scanmaker E6/SCSI /Windows Nt 4.0 Server Scanwizard 2.54

Hello and help

I am trying to get a Scanmaker E6 to run on a machine i am operating wiht NT
4.0 Server. I am usisng and Adaptec 1540C series SCSI card . I can install
Scanwizard 2.54 and the installation says it completes successfully but all
it isatalls is the Scanner test Icon. The scanner test icon does work .
Reports the scanner and does a scanner test just fine but the icons that
represesent scanwizard are not there.

Adapetcs ez scsi recognizes teh scanner and card but when i try the Adaptec
ezscsi scanner quick scan it says that teh twain software is not installed.

I find a folder in Winnt called
\\Home_server_1\server_C\WINNT\Twain_32\Scanwiz

It contains various files wiht extensions of GID and Ds which i believe are
the twain drivers

I find a file called Twain in \\Home_server_1\server_C\WINNT

It contains the following messages

TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk  ::AppInitialize - Reset Log

TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk  ::OpenServer - Starting Thunker

TWAIN_32.DLL - ERROR   - Util    ::UtilWinExecErrorHandler - Winexec
Failed - File Not Found

TWAIN_32.DLL - MESSAGE - CTwunk  ::CloseServer - Why Can't We Find The
Thunker Window?

I Find files in C:\WINNT that have MTX extensions and Start wiht Twain or
Thunk..

Anyrate the Microtec Web page has nothing to say about this.

any ideas

thanks for your help

William

2. Art, AI and chaos. Need help!

3. Need Scanmaker 330 info (was: Buy Scanmaker E3 or E6)

4. Windows 98 Lock-Down options

5. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

6. InnoDB Deadlock cannot find free slot for undo

7. Microtek ScanMaker X6EL on Windows NT.

8. DataGrid Problem

9. Scanmaker II and Windows NT 4.0

10. Scanmaker E6 Error Selecting TWAIN Source Win98

11. Microtek Scanmaker II E6 - Win 98 Drivers ????

12. Microtek ScanMaker E6 mirror cleaning help

13. Microtek Scanmaker E6 and Adaptec 1542