HP Scanjet 5p...info required please

Post by Peem » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi there,
I have the above mentioned scanner, which uses a SCSI connector via a ISA
add-in card( does that make sense??)
Now that I have upgraded to a new puter, which only has PCI slots on the
motherboard, is there any way i can use my scanner???
Thanks
Peem

HP Scanjet 5p...info required please

Post by JZ » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi there,
> I have the above mentioned scanner, which uses a SCSI connector via a ISA
> add-in card( does that make sense??)
> Now that I have upgraded to a new puter, which only has PCI slots on the
> motherboard, is there any way i can use my scanner???

No. Not unless you get a PCI SCSI card. The ones I have seen run around a
hundred bucks although I have heard of some no names that run around 30.

HP Scanjet 5p...info required please

Post by tjto.. » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

ALmost any pci scsi card will work with the scanner.  try to stay away
from wide/ultra wide cards though.

Quote:>Hi there,
>I have the above mentioned scanner, which uses a SCSI connector via a ISA
>add-in card( does that make sense??)
>Now that I have upgraded to a new puter, which only has PCI slots on the
>motherboard, is there any way i can use my scanner???
>Thanks
>Peem

HP Scanjet 5p...info required please

Post by jayswing°my-deja.co » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi there,
> I have the above mentioned scanner, which uses a SCSI connector via a
ISA
> add-in card( does that make sense??)
> Now that I have upgraded to a new puter, which only has PCI slots on
the
> motherboard, is there any way i can use my scanner???
> Thanks
> Peem

Also be sure you do the installation acc. to HP's original instructions
(install software BEFORE the SCSI card is inserted). One other thing, be
sure the scanner is turned on before or at the same time as the
computer.

I do not know categorically you will have to install the software first
with the card you buy, but I could never find any loophole. Others have
said they skipped it, but I have seen email from dozens and dozens of
users whose installation failed until they did it that way.

Good luck.

--
Post ONLY to newsgroup, please.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

HP Scanjet 5p...info required please

Post by JZ » Wed, 07 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Also be sure you do the installation acc. to HP's original instructions
> (install software BEFORE the SCSI card is inserted). One other thing, be
> sure the scanner is turned on before or at the same time as the

He cannot do this if he is installing a third party scsi card. He must
install the drivers for the card first. He can then reboot the machine and
install the The HP software. I assume he must have Scanjet 2.8 or 2.9. When
it gets to the point of trying to detect the HP SCSI card he is to ignore
and bypass it. On the next reboot cycle the HP scanner will be detected.

> > Hi there,
> > I have the above mentioned scanner, which uses a SCSI connector via a
> ISA
> > add-in card( does that make sense??)
> > Now that I have upgraded to a new puter, which only has PCI slots on
> the
> > motherboard, is there any way i can use my scanner???
> > Thanks
> > Peem

> computer.

> I do not know categorically you will have to install the software first
> with the card you buy, but I could never find any loophole. Others have
> said they skipped it, but I have seen email from dozens and dozens of
> users whose installation failed until they did it that way.

> Good luck.

> --
> Post ONLY to newsgroup, please.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

HP Scanjet 5p...info required please

Post by Eric Garci » Wed, 14 Jun 2000 04:00:00

buy a pci scsi card.

> Hi there,
> I have the above mentioned scanner, which uses a SCSI connector via a ISA
> add-in card( does that make sense??)
> Now that I have upgraded to a new puter, which only has PCI slots on the
> motherboard, is there any way i can use my scanner???
> Thanks
> Peem

1. HP Scanjet 5P help please

I have an HP Scanjet 5P.  I have a question regarding scanning
something in particular that I am having trouble with.  I want to scan
a sheet of decals, the kind that come in plastic models.  As you may
know, these decals are on a blueish paper that is activated by water.
None of that is important though, but if I scan the decal sheet, I get
the blueish tint background.  I don't want this, I just want the
decals so I can print them on a clear mailing label.

I thought about applying the decals to a clear transparency sheet, the
kind used in overhead projectors.  This eliminated the blueish
background, since it is clear, but here is the problem.

I am getting the "generic" grey background.  I have the "detect
pictures automatically" on, but I don't know if it is not working due
to more than one (five) decals on the sheet.  If I print the decals
out, I get the grey background from the scanner bed.  How can I
eliminate this grey background, so I only get the decals in my
graphics program so I can print just the decal on a clear label?

Thanks
Steve

2. Where is TAPI video preview???

3. Hellp: Info required on HP Scanjet Plus

4. South African Psion users

5. HP Scanjet 5P, using OLE width HP Deskscan II

6. Windows cannot unload your registry file??

7. Using Linux with HP ScanJet 5P

8. Online quotes oddity

9. Umax Astra 1600U vs HP scanjet 5p

10. HP ScanJet 5p