Polaroid 120 after bankruptcy ?

Post by John Eyl » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 03:15:41

I gather the Polaroid bankruptcy got resolved, but I haven't
really heard what happened, specifically in regard to their
scanners and pricing and maintenance for them.

Can someone update us on what was done and the implications
of this on the ever-popular controversy of which medium-format
film scanner (Polaroid 120, Nikon 8000, Minolta MultiPro)
to get ?

Thanks, John

Polaroid 120 after bankruptcy ?

Post by Arthur Entlic » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 15:39:02

The final answer is still not clear.  It should become so in next few weeks.

Art

> I gather the Polaroid bankruptcy got resolved, but I haven't
> really heard what happened, specifically in regard to their
> scanners and pricing and maintenance for them.

> Can someone update us on what was done and the implications
> of this on the ever-popular controversy of which medium-format
> film scanner (Polaroid 120, Nikon 8000, Minolta MultiPro)
> to get ?

> Thanks, John

Polaroid 120 after bankruptcy ?

Post by mike spark » Sun, 07 Jul 2002 22:00:52

The Polaroid bankruptcy effects only the US arms of the company, so it's
hard to determine what parts of the company will be killed.

Most of the digital stuff is made in Europe so I'd imagine the scanners
won't be eliminated or sold off.  Another good inidcation that they are
still commited to the scanner line is that both Polaroid EU. and US have
developed glass transparency holders for thier 35mm, 120, and 4x5
scanners.  I doubt that they would be commiting resources to a procuct
line that wasn't expected to survive.

mike