Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

Post by Co op 200 » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I have a HP Scanjet 4c which I would like to connect to a Windows NT
machine - The machine keeps reporting that the scanner is not connected,
though the scsi driver recognises the device.
Any Ideas?
Many thanks

Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

Post by Miguel Tavare » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

What version of DeskScan do you have? I know it works at least with version
2.7 and latter.

1. HP ScanJet 4c quit working with NT 4

We have a P3/600 machine running NT 4 SP6a that has had an old ScanJet
4c hooked up to it for a few weeks. (it's attached to an Adaptec 2906)
This setup was working fine for a few weeks to allow our students to
scan images for a class project, but suddenly the scanner has become
incredibly unreliable-- it won't do a Preview twice (usually), it will
suddenly freeze while in DeskScan II, etc.

For a day or so, it was just doing this to student accounts, but is now
doing it to me as Administrator.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, wiping out all the
files by hand, etc, and nothing seems to fix this. All drivers are the
latest available from Adaptec and HP as of today (4/19).

Has anyone seen anything like this before? This scanner was on a Mac for
a long time and has been a workhorse.

Thanks for any help!

Justin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Readin problems with Plextor PX-12TSi

3. HP Scanjet 4C & NT

4. Can you get self trained in automated testing?

5. HP Scanjet 4c and NT

6. SB Problems

7. hp scanjet 4c under nt 4.0

8. PlusPak: B.U.G.S. (as in the game) - Great Game!

9. TWAIN DRIVER FOR HP SCANJET 4C FOR NT 4.0

10. HP ScanJet 4c under NT 4.0 ServicePack 3

11. HP ScanJet 4c and Win NT 4 not working

12. nt 4 and hp scanjet 4c\copy utility

13. HP ScanJet 4c TWAIN Driver for NT 4