Microtek E6 problem

Post by HiRene » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have a Microtek E6 scanner connected via SCSI running version 2.49R2.  This
scanner was working fine under Windows 95, but when I upgraded to Windows 98 I
receive the following error message:

-204 Error - Lamp or image sensor error - This is a common problem with both
SCSI and parallel scanners. First make sure your scanner lamp is on solid. If
not, call Microtek for help. If you own a SCSI scanner, adding the option "/u-"
to your Adaptec 150X setting will fix this problem. For parallel scanners, you
may need to try various settings such as "/N", "/N /U", "/N /V", "/N /V /SF=5"
before you have the system functioning properly. This error may also occur due
to the blocking of the calibration area (the area from the front of the scanner
to appx. 1/4" to 1/2" into the bed.

I have tried all of the suggestions and continue to receive the same error.  In
addition, the light within the scanner was on at all times under Windows 95,
but will not come on at all under Windows 98.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Please reply via e-mail if
possible.

Thanks

Microtek E6 problem

Post by kham.. » Mon, 23 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a Microtek E6 scanner connected via SCSI running version 2.49R2.  This
>scanner was working fine under Windows 95, but when I upgraded to Windows 98 I
>receive the following error message:

>-204 Error - Lamp or image sensor error - This is a common problem with both
>SCSI and parallel scanners. First make sure your scanner lamp is on solid. If
>not, call Microtek for help. If you own a SCSI scanner, adding the option "/u-"
>to your Adaptec 150X setting will fix this problem. For parallel scanners, you
>may need to try various settings such as "/N", "/N /U", "/N /V", "/N /V /SF=5"
>before you have the system functioning properly. This error may also occur due
>to the blocking of the calibration area (the area from the front of the scanner
>to appx. 1/4" to 1/2" into the bed.

>I have tried all of the suggestions and continue to receive the same error.  In
>addition, the light within the scanner was on at all times under Windows 95,
>but will not come on at all under Windows 98.

>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Please reply via e-mail if
>possible.

>Thanks

It could be that your scsi drivers got replaced with ones that don't work
when Win98 was installed (that's just a guess).  Try getting the
scsi driver for your scsi card from the manufacturer and try installing
that.  Just an educated guess (haven't seen any reason to get '98
yet).

Just my 2 cents, :)

Kevin