Microtek X6 versus Umax 1220?

Post by Eric Li » Wed, 21 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm about to order a Microtek X6 and I was wondering if the Canon CanoScan
FB 620U USB was better than the Microtek X6

Quote:> Which to buy?...

Post by Ben » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Which to buy?...

I've seen reviews for both the Microtek X6 and the Umax 1220 and they both
seem to be very good. Does anyone have any preference over the other?  The
Microtek seems to be slighytly more favorably reviewed and I only want to
spend about $100 on a scanner.  The Microtek, however, does *not* seem to
be Win95 compatible, and I am still using 95.  Is that model, such a popular
one at that, really not Win 95 compatible or are they simply not listing
that in the specs?

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance...
--Ben

Microtek X6 versus Umax 1220?

Post by Purple Digi » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Other than the fact that I don't like the shape and color of Microtek X6, I'd
guess X6 is faster than 1220.  Astra 1220P/Us are noteable for its few seconds
slower speed.  UMAX site offer rebates, but don't expect to get it right away
when you mail it in.  Microtek X6 has been around for quite some time, unless
it's a USB version, you should have no problem using it under Win95.

If speed is a concern for you Acer 620 is speedy.  No experience on the quality
of scan.  Many people like it.

> Which to buy?...

> I've seen reviews for both the Microtek X6 and the Umax 1220 and they both
> seem to be very good. Does anyone have any preference over the other?  The
> Microtek seems to be slighytly more favorably reviewed and I only want to
> spend about $100 on a scanner.  The Microtek, however, does *not* seem to
> be Win95 compatible, and I am still using 95.  Is that model, such a popular
> one at that, really not Win 95 compatible or are they simply not listing
> that in the specs?

> Any recommendations?

> Thanks in advance...
> --Ben

Microtek X6 versus Umax 1220?

Post by Purple Digi » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Not always Eric.  CanoScan use a different scanning technology, CNET and ZDNet
have reviews on it.  You better read them before you buy.  CanoScan is lousy at
scanning small 3D objects btw.

> I'm about to order a Microtek X6 and I was wondering if the Canon CanoScan
> FB 620U USB was better than the Microtek X6

> > Which to buy?...

> > I've seen reviews for both the Microtek X6 and the Umax 1220 and they both
> > seem to be very good. Does anyone have any preference over the other?  The
> > Microtek seems to be slighytly more favorably reviewed and I only want to
> > spend about $100 on a scanner.  The Microtek, however, does *not* seem to
> > be Win95 compatible, and I am still using 95.  Is that model, such a
> popular
> > one at that, really not Win 95 compatible or are they simply not listing
> > that in the specs?

> > Any recommendations?

> > Thanks in advance...
> > --Ben

1. Microtek X6 or Umax Astra 1220

I am thinking of buying a Scanner and have been looking at this two models
and would like to get some feedback from people who own or use this
scanners. I don't really care much for speed, but image quality does play a
big role in my choice (limited of course by my budget).
I would also like to know if there's a SCSI model of the X6 for use with
PC's and not just MAC's, and if the LightLid 35 is any good (I have a huge
pile of slides and would enjoy playing around with them).

Many thanks in advance.

-

2. Encoding of accented characters in XML

3. Mag DTS-3060 (vs. HP5100C UMax 1220 Microtek E6)

4. Time Sync and removing a server

5. UMAX 2000 vs UMAX 1220

6. Great Chance To Make Money!

7. HP6200c versus X6EL versus P636 versus UMAX 2400s

8. High Speed DMA

9. Umax 1220 fault

10. UMax 1220

11. WTB: Transparency Adapter for Umax Astra 1220 U

12. UMax 1220 U

13. File saving formats on Umax 1220?