Minolta Scan Dual 2 stopped working - any tips?

Minolta Scan Dual 2 stopped working - any tips?

Post by Marco Cinnirel » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 21:16:32

Hi,

After 6 months successfully using my Scan dual 2 USB, suddenly my PC
just won't recognise the damn thing. I plug it into the same old USB
port and the PC just does not recognise the scanner. Other peripherals
work fine with this USB port. Tried another port, deleting and
re-installing old and latest Minolta software (I'm using Win 98SE).
Anyone else seen this happen? I think I remember someone a while ago
suggesting that these symptoms indicated a fauklty mainboard?

Any advice welcome!

Marco Cinnirella

Minolta Scan Dual 2 stopped working - any tips?

Post by Fre » Tue, 08 Jan 2002 01:37:12

Does the green indicator light on the front panel turn on. If it
doesn't turn on, is the scanning lamp itself on.

If you don't get a green front panel light but the scanning lamp
itself is on possbile cause are loose connection or bad main board. We
have seen both regarding this scanner.