HP 5470c - slow boot

Post by Ben ?to » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:13:22

Two phases of the driver loading for my HP 5470c scanner are taking about 19
and a half seconds apiece to load in my bootup sequence.
See http://www.mewnlite.com/bla.gif
This is "undesirable", to say the least.
I have Windows 98 SE, AMD Athlon 2000+
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software and update from the HP
site. I find no reference ro rhis problem in the HP support area.
Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a solution?

--
        ----- Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder -----

http://www.mewnlite.com
http://showcase.netins.net/web/oran

HP 5470c - slow boot

Post by drin » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:44:49

Quote:>Two phases of the driver loading for my HP 5470c scanner are taking about 19
>and a half seconds apiece to load in my bootup sequence.
>See http://www.mewnlite.com/bla.gif
>This is "undesirable", to say the least.
>I have Windows 98 SE, AMD Athlon 2000+
>I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software and update from the HP
>site. I find no reference ro rhis problem in the HP support area.
>Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a solution?

Is the scanner connected USB or Parallel?
If it is USB, what is happening is it is loading the parallel
enumerator. Remove it in device manager. That is the parallel part of
the driver.

HP 5470c - slow boot

Post by Ben ?to » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:35:18

>>Two phases of the driver loading for my HP 5470c scanner are taking about 19
>>and a half seconds apiece to load in my bootup sequence.
>>See http://www.mewnlite.com/bla.gif
>>This is "undesirable", to say the least.
>>I have Windows 98 SE, AMD Athlon 2000+
>>I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software and update from the HP
>>site. I find no reference ro rhis problem in the HP support area.
>>Has anyone else experienced this and come up with a solution?
>Is the scanner connected USB or Parallel?
>If it is USB, what is happening is it is loading the parallel
>enumerator. Remove it in device manager. That is the parallel part of
>the driver.

    I'd have never found that in a thousand manuals or support sites. That was
exactly what it was. I could almost swear that I've never seen those in the
device manager before. Anyway, I removed them and everything works fine! They
didn't come back either.
    Thank you so very much!

--
        ----- Beauty is in the eyes of the beer holder -----

http://www.mewnlite.com
http://showcase.netins.net/web/oran

HP 5470c - slow boot

Post by drin » Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:58:44

Quote:

>    I'd have never found that in a thousand manuals or support sites. That was
>exactly what it was. I could almost swear that I've never seen those in the
>device manager before. Anyway, I removed them and everything works fine! They
>didn't come back either.
>    Thank you so very much!

Your very welcome!

1. HP ScanJet 5p - Slows boot-up down by about 30 seconds

You want to set the SCSI card to not provide BIOS; it's not just looking
for devices but looking (and waiting) for a boot drive.  If you can get
card settings with a Ctrl+A at start up, turn off BIOS.

--

Psychiatry Dept., Univ of California San Francisco
UCSF-SFGH-7M8  /  1001 Potrero Avenue  / San Francisco, CA 94110

2. CF Backup & Restore

3. Problems with a hp scanjet 5470c

4. Gui Help

5. HP Scanjet 5470c -- Can't scan multiple pages to a file?

6. Iyonix network performance

7. vuescan + hp 5470c?

8. Lots of CW12 suggestions

9. VueScan MacOS X -> HP 5470C...

10. Colorproblems with HP Scanjet 5470c

11. HP 5470c Scanner

12. VueScan and HP Scanjet 5470c USB problem

13. switching off the light on HP scanjet 5470c