HP Scanjet 4200C with HP Precision Scan Pro 2.0 Software

HP Scanjet 4200C with HP Precision Scan Pro 2.0 Software

Post by Wolfgang Baue » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone tried to use the HP Scanjet 4200C with the HP Precision Scan Pro
2.0 Software which comes with the higher level Scanjet models?

Kind regards, Wolfgang

HP Scanjet 4200C with HP Precision Scan Pro 2.0 Software

Post by Wayne Burge » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have that version with a 5300C, it's ok.. all the auto scan find target
leaves a lot to be desired IMHO. You might consider the 5300C, I think the
5200C is on it's way out and the 5300C is only $50 more the last time I
checked. I tried the Hp 3300CSE  but took it back after I found a blue line
in all my photo scans. Needed the extra resolution anyway.
The 5300C also support a transparency adapter which I needed.

I must say the quality control is not up to Hp standards. The underside of
the glass was very dirty on the 5300C.

Good luck

Quote:> Has anyone tried to use the HP Scanjet 4200C with the HP Precision Scan
Pro
> 2.0 Software which comes with the higher level Scanjet models?

> Kind regards, Wolfgang

1. Will HP Precision Scan 2.0 work with an HP 5300 Scanner?

I have an HP 5300C scanner at home with HP Precision Scan 3.0 software.
We use an HP 6300 at work with HP Precision Scan 2.0.  I like 2.0
better (more control).  If I install the 2.0 on my home machine will it
work with the 5300?

The reason I think it might work is I know Vuescan works with most all
HP Flatbeds, and in the "device" selection for Vuescan there is only
one choice for an HP Flatbed scanner.  This tells me the commands are
the same for all.

Any expert opinions?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. IBM steps on its |> | < K again

3. HP PRECISION SCAN PRO and a HP 5200C Scanner..

4. Text should be easy. Must I go back to Publisher???

5. update HP Precision Scan Pro 1.0 to 2.0?

6. Picasso II $300

7. Looking for HP Precision Scan Pro 2.0

8. Home Automation Interest?

9. HP 6350Cse SOFTWARE NEED v2.01/HP Precision Scan 2.01

10. W2K and HP Precision Scan 2.0 Software

11. precision scan software (not LT or LTX) on HP scanjet 3300c ?

12. How to turn final scan off in HP Precision Scan Pro