Vuescan and Single pass multi-sample with ss120

Vuescan and Single pass multi-sample with ss120

Post by Kevi » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 06:00:01

Apparently single pass multi-scanning capability for the sprintscan
120 was added to vuescan in version 7.6.20.  I can't see how that
feature is activated/used.  All I see is the familiar "number of
passes" which does multi-pass scanning not single pass multi-scanning.
 I'm on a mac, OSX using version 7.6.22 of vuescan.  Am I missing
something, or is the feature not really there?

Thanks in advance

--
Kevin

Post by Ed Hamric » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 07:29:22

> Apparently single pass multi-scanning capability for the sprintscan
> 120 was added to vuescan in version 7.6.20.  I can't see how that
> feature is activated/used.

I only tested it on the SprintScan 4000tf (which also has single-
pass multi-scanning), but I thought I added the code for the
SprintScan 120 also.

If you send me a vuescan.log file, I can produce a test version
for you.  There are instructions for producing a log file on:

  http://www.hamrick.com/sup.html

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

1. Vuescan multi-pass multi-scanning

All,

Do any of you use multi-pass multi-scanning, and if so, how do you rate it?

I have a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II, which does not support single-pass
multi-scanning, so this is the only way I can do multi-scanning. The reason
I ask is that I have scanned a neg, and the subject is very blurred. On the
neg and on prints from the neg, the subject is not blurred, so the problem
must have occured during scanning. It looks like two images on top of each
other, as if there has been some "shift" between the two passes of the
scanning. Has anybody experienced any thing like this?

Steve

2. This newsgroup is misnamed...

3. REPOST: Vuescan multi-pass multi-scanning

4. MTI R418 w/ SiS 496/497 chipset support parity RAM ???

5. Does multi-passing, long exposure or 48 bit image depth reduce noise in FS4000US with Vuescan?

6. windows 2000 file extension problem

7. Vuescan w/ Nikon IV-ED ==>I assume multi-pass is possible?

8. 1084(s) & C64 ???

9. VueScan feature request: multi-pass scan from disk

10. Nikon IVED: Multi-Pass scanning w/ Vuescan

11. Multi-pass scanning in VueScan

12. VueScan multi-pass scanning and IR scans

13. Nikon Coolscan IV multi pass with Vuescan better or worse than Nikon Dig Ice & Dig Gem 1 pass alone ?