Can a UMAX SCSI scanner with D25 connector be connected to an Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra

Can a UMAX SCSI scanner with D25 connector be connected to an Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra

Post by Dani Kempinsk » Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:56:34

Situation as follows:

- Windows 2000 or XP
- Scanner UMAX Astra 1220S (SCSI)
- SCSI board Adaptec 2040

The scanner expects an cable with D25 connector
The card has to outputs:
    internal: 50 pin flat cable
    external: female 50 pin High density connector

Is there any way to connect the scanner? I am not a SCSI guru and not sure
if with all these combinations SCSI 1/2/3, active vs passive terminator, and
single ended vs. differential  the whole thing could work in theory at
least.

If it COULD work, I will be helpfull by any hint of how to connect them:
    1. by byuing an ?? to D25 cable (couldnt find anything here) or
    2. by building my own from the 50 pin flat cable. I would need PINOUT.

Any parameter changes in card bios setup screen?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated

--
Dani Kempinski

Can a UMAX SCSI scanner with D25 connector be connected to an Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra

Post by Mac McDougal » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 05:37:43

says...

Quote:> Here are a few links that might help:

One word: eBay

Mac

1. Can a UMAX SCSI scanner with D25 connector be connected to an Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra

[...]

2. Processes Closed, but max_connections exceeded...

3. Adaptec AHA-2940 Ultra Wide ?

4. IMMEDIATE Need for a Windows NT-capable CGI Programmer(s)

5. Adaptec AHA-2940 SCSI

6. FS: MIGRAPH HAND SCANNER FOR AMIGA

7. Beginners help required - connecting external SCSI to AHA-2940 with internal drives

8. Is it legal ???

9. Primax scanner and Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI

10. Microtek E3 and Adaptec AHA-2940

11. Adaptec AHA-2940 problem

12. HELP: Adaptec AHA-2940