Have PROBLEMS with "Caere OmniPage LE" and "Agfa SnapScan"!!!HELP!!!

Have PROBLEMS with "Caere OmniPage LE" and "Agfa SnapScan"!!!HELP!!!

Post by Michott » Tue, 28 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I have problems with numerisation in Caere OmniPage LE. My scanner is an
Agfa SNAPSCAN. The driver is a TWAIN technology, it's connected on a
Adaptec SCSI card.

When I start the numerisation, the prescanning works but the scanning stops
while the computer displays the message: "Error Twain"... I don't know what
it is?!

Why does it happen? How to solve this problem? If you know how/why/what,
PLEASE REPLY ME with solutions. THANX

Have PROBLEMS with "Caere OmniPage LE" and "Agfa SnapScan"!!!HELP!!!

Post by Joe Frank » Wed, 29 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Greetings,
   Just a shot in the dark here. Caere OmniPage LE v4.0 that shipped
with my Microtek E3 is a 16 bit program. I run Win95 and when I
installed it I did not accept the default location for the
directory/folder and instead chose a different location. I could not
get this program to function reliably and often got the "Error Twain"
message. I installed the program to it's default directory/folder
[c:\oplimit] and have had no problems since. FWIW
Joe
--

  E-mail address in headers altered to avoid bulk e-mailers.