Epson 3200 scan samples

Post by Robert Feinma » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:32:55

It would be very useful if someone with the new Epson 3200 scanner would
post a sample image made with the scanner.
A full resolution (perhaps high bit depth), unsharpened file from a fine
grained transparency film would be best, saved as a TIFF format.
I realize this would be a fairly large file, but it's not necessary to
make the sample a full 35mm frame in size. A representative slice say 1"
x 1/2" would then allow interested fellow scanners to open the file on
their own equipment and see how it looks when editing and most
importantly when printed out at various sizes.
So if anyone with the new scanner wants to prepare the file and doesn't
have a place to host it, I will put it up on my web site for others
download.
Any volunteers?
--
Robert D Feinman

Landscapes, Cityscapes, Panoramas and Photoshop Tips
http://robertdfeinman.com

Epson 3200 scan samples

Post by Bill Hilt » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:29:02

>It would be very useful if someone with the new Epson 3200 scanner would
>post a sample image made with the scanner.
>A full resolution (perhaps high bit depth), unsharpened file from a fine
>grained transparency film would be best, saved as a TIFF format.

>So if anyone with the new scanner wants to prepare the file and doesn't
>have a place to host it, I will put it up on my web site for others

Would also be a good idea if the same film could be scanned with a good
dedicated film scanner at 4,000 dpi and posted as well, for comparison.

Bill

1. Scanning negatives w/ Epson Perfection 3200 (newbie)

Well it looks like I'm narrowing my choice of a new scanner down to
the Epson Perfection 3200, but I have a few newbie type questions
regarding film negative scanning (specifically color 35mm negatives).

From what I've read the it has an adapter built into it that allows
scanning of 35mm negatives, but what I don't know is what a scan of
negative produces.  I will be using Adobe photoshop to scan in via the
provided twain software.

Will I end up with a scan of the negative strip and have to enlarge
each pic from that point in Photoshop or does each photo on the
negative strip get processed into an actual picture (do I have the
option to choose the picture size generated, 3x5, 4x6, etc)?

Answers from experienced negative scanners is apprieciated!

-darren

2. ConfMgr_ChannelChanged event

3. Need scan from Epson 2450/3200

4. Excel sorting property

5. Epson Scan or Silverfast better w/ 3200?

6. connecting Windows/2000 Professional on and NT server 4

7. Epson Perfection 3200: Speed for 360dpi, line art, A4 scan?

8. READ ALL IMPORTANT X-BOX RUMERS

9. Epson 3200 Color Neg Scanning

10. Dimage Scan Multi II vs. Epson 3200

11. Vuescan & Epson 3200 batch scanning

12. Epson 3200 - Copy Utility - non Epson printer

13. Silverfast supplied with Epson 3200 in UK?