.psd Files?

Post by Tom E » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Pardon me if this has been covered before.
I do not have a scanner yet.  Someone sent me
a scanned photo and the format is filename.psd
I have Windows 98, but I can not view it or open
it with any software I have installed.  Is there a
software program I can get (freeware or shareware)
or a way to convert it to JPEG format so I can
see it?

Also, which scanner is a good buy?  I would like
to keep the cost down, but don't want to buy
junk either.  Any suggestions would be very much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

.psd Files?

Post by Bruce Paters » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 23:31:01 +0900, "Tom E."

>Pardon me if this has been covered before.
>I do not have a scanner yet.  Someone sent me
>a scanned photo and the format is filename.psd
>I have Windows 98, but I can not view it or open
>it with any software I have installed.  Is there a
>software program I can get (freeware or shareware)
>or a way to convert it to JPEG format so I can
>see it?

.PSD is the native format used by Adobe Photoshop.  Most graphics
programs should be able to convert .PSD to .JPG  PaintShopPro is a
good shareware program, with a free trial period you could try.

--
Bruce Paterson
IBM Global Services

.psd Files?

Post by Craig » Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:00:00

No kidding - "Best".  I just downloaded it and it is just what I was looking
for for my digital camera images, and also scanner work.  Nice piece of
work.  I've not seen so many formats addressed in one place. Thanks for the
lead.

Craig

>say:

>> Pardon me if this has been covered before.
>> I do not have a scanner yet.  Someone sent me
>> a scanned photo and the format is filename.psd
>> I have Windows 98, but I can not view it or open
>> it with any software I have installed.  Is there a
>> software program I can get (freeware or shareware)
>> or a way to convert it to JPEG format so I can

>IrfanView!!!  http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474.  Fabulous freeware.

>Best -

>Greg

1. ID2 & PSD files

There's an ID e-mail group here:
http://www.blueworld.com/blueworld/lists/indesign.html
Probably the best place to start.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography

2. dialup password probs

3. converting jpg to psd and back

4. Firewall Protection

5. PSD => BMP or JPG

6. Nt 4.0 to Win2k

7. Modifying the Sharp GP2D02 PSD

8. MYSTERIOUS - Greyed menu item on 2nd machine

9. Sharp GP2D02 PSD

10. PSD to TIFF compiler?

11. Chooser driver for printing PsD from application?

12. Finding PSD Mean Frequency

13. Modelling the PSD using the EM algorithm