SDII.exe is locking up my Windows XP Home computer

SDII.exe is locking up my Windows XP Home computer

Post by Rob Clar » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:15:41

I have the Microtek 3800. When I install the drivers, a file called SDII.exe
starts when I start the computer and hogs the processor at 97%. Of course,
programs don't run and will crash if I don't shut down the SDII.exe process,
but then the scanner doesn't work, and I have to reboot. Sometimes SDII.exe
doesn't hog the processor when I reboot, but that is increasingly rare. I
have worked with Microtek's crappy tech support (phone calls at my expense)
to no avail. They told me that what was happening was impossible.

After some fuss, a techie offered the latest drivers (which I already had)
and told me to reinstall in safemode. I followed his procedure to the
letter, but the same SDII.exe problem exists.

Have you seen this and do you know the fix? Thanks in advance.

Rob Clark

1. SDII.exe

I have the Microtek 3800. When I install the drivers, a file called SDII.exe
starts when I start the computer and hogs the processor at 97%. Of course,
programs don't run and will crash if I don't shut down the SDII.exe process,
but then the scanner doesn't work, and I have to reboot. Sometimes SDII.exe
doesn't hog the processor when I reboot, but that is increasingly rare. I
have worked with Microtek's crappy tech support (phone calls at my expense)
to no avail. They told me that what was happening was impossible.

After some fuss, a techie offered the latest drivers (which I already had)
and told me to reinstall in safemode. I followed his procedure to the
letter, but the same SDII.exe problem exists.

Have you seen this and do you know the fix? Thanks in advance.

Rob Clark

2. Converting Fonts

3. Pop-ups in Windows XP (home) using Messenger Service!

4. Flicker Fixer.......FS!!!!

5. Windows 2000 DDK on Windows XP Home Edition computer

6. Psion 5, PsiWin2.2, Outlook 98

7. Problem with SAS Opening a file in Excel when the computer is locked in Windows XP

8. FP2K tools-> page options-> color coding??

9. Can't Reformat, computer lock ups

10. POP-UPS, LOSE OF CONNECTION, LOCK-UPS, MESSENGER

11. Lock-ups in Windows Messenger

12. Keyboard lock-ups under Windows

13. Does X10 affect computer UPS or home-audio?