Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

Post by Steve Winogr » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

This is of interest to me since I have a Storm TotalScan Express
which I am about to return for a refund.  I could not get it to work
as easily as they advertise.

For details on the bankruptcy filing, see:

http://www.pcworld.com/pcwtoday/article/0,1510,8507,00.html

Best Wishes,
Steve

Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

Post by Walter Shw » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Storm Technologies will need a lot of good wishes. The TotalScan Express
seems like a disaster. I returned mine the day after I got it.

>This is of interest to me since I have a Storm TotalScan Express
>which I am about to return for a refund.  I could not get it to work
>as easily as they advertise.

>For details on the bankruptcy filing, see:

>http://www.pcworld.com/pcwtoday/article/0,1510,8507,00.html

>Best Wishes,
>Steve

Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

Post by Coz » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Yet mine works great on the USB ports and Great on the par port. Go figure.

> Storm Technologies will need a lot of good wishes. The TotalScan Express
> seems like a disaster. I returned mine the day after I got it.

> >This is of interest to me since I have a Storm TotalScan Express
> >which I am about to return for a refund.  I could not get it to work
> >as easily as they advertise.

> >For details on the bankruptcy filing, see:

> >http://www.pcworld.com/pcwtoday/article/0,1510,8507,00.html

> >Best Wishes,
> >Steve

Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

Post by nor » Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:00:00

WOW, am I ever lucky. I was considering the TSExpress, thank god I chose a
Visioneer. Now all I hope is Syquest doesn't go under!
--------------

>This is of interest to me since I have a Storm TotalScan Express
>which I am about to return for a refund.  I could not get it to work
>as easily as they advertise.

>For details on the bankruptcy filing, see:

>http://www.pcworld.com/pcwtoday/article/0,1510,8507,00.html

>Best Wishes,
>Steve

Regards,

Norm

At MS, Quality is job 1.14b SR3

AntiSpam in effect -- sorry for the inconvenience
~to reply to me, change nospam.com to home.com

Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

Post by ELECTO » Sun, 25 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Yeah you lucked out. But who would have thought this scam of a company who
were answering the telephones up to and including (Still are) that Bankruptcy
date, were still lying to their customers and selling their bogus products.

I see PC World was alerting folks to be careful today since a lot of computer
manufacturers and device makers are going under due to industry prices falling
etc.

That would be great except the company that has that great product today may
be gone tomorrow.

With it goes the support (If they ever gave it to begin with, Storm support
sucks), the needed updated drivers and other assistance that may be needed.
So hopefully this scam company will stay afloat long enough to have the people
that bought the devices from them to have time to return them.  Did anyone
check their web site?  http://www.stormtech.com

--

Attention: Send me spam, Lose your Internet Account!
Hey it's that simple.

Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

Post by SDal » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I had it for three months told them I wasn't happy with it, they took
it back and I bought a Usb card and HP Scanjet 4100c scanner.
This scanner is incredible I can't believe how great it works, I guess
I had gotten used to the Storm..
Thank God for credible retailers.....

>Storm Technologies will need a lot of good wishes. The TotalScan Express
>seems like a disaster. I returned mine the day after I got it.

>>This is of interest to me since I have a Storm TotalScan Express
>>which I am about to return for a refund.  I could not get it to work
>>as easily as they advertise.

>>For details on the bankruptcy filing, see:

>>http://www.pcworld.com/pcwtoday/article/0,1510,8507,00.html

>>Best Wishes,
>>Steve

Remove Q_ To E-Mail

===========,,,============
==========(o o)===========
======oOO=(_)==OOo=======

Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

Post by ELECTO » Thu, 29 Oct 1998 04:00:00

You did a good thing. Anyone who has one of their pieces of *should
return it to the store. Now with them going under you can expect a scanner
with no support (Not that you can get any before they filed), or drivers
(People here are still looking for updated drivers), and yes they are thieves
since they tout a "Rebate" and they knew damn well that they were not going
to send them. And their Customer support statements are out right lies. Total
Customer Satisfaction. It should read Total Customer Rip Off!

--

Post by John Cart » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>This is of interest to me since I have a Storm TotalScan Express
>which I am about to return for a refund.  I could not get it to work
>as easily as they advertise.

>For details on the bankruptcy filing, see:

>http://www.pcworld.com/pcwtoday/article/0,1510,8507,00.html

>Best Wishes,
>Steve

Remember that bankruptcy is a relative condition - one where the
company's expenses exceed its assets - and it can be remedied in some
cases (Chrysler, with government loans which it did pay off; Hayes
modems, still there but still not very profitable).  With some luck
and greatly improved management, Storm might survive.  Otherwise,
maybe Mustek or UMAX would like to add Storm to their product line ;-)

Visit my source code page at http://www.mindspring.com/~johnecarter
Visit my favorite school at http://www.mindspring.com/~addison

Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

Post by Coz » Sun, 01 Nov 1998 04:00:00

It's a shame about them not doing well. I have there Total scan express and i am
very happy with the way this scanner works. if you go to  news group
Newsguy.financial.gold-silver  you can view a scan from the total scan express
that i sent to the group. Pretty nice machine.

> says...

> >Remember that bankruptcy is a relative condition - one where the
> >company's expenses exceed its assets - and it can be remedied in some
> >cases (Chrysler, with government loans which it did pay off; Hayes
> >modems, still there but still not very profitable).  With some luck
> >and greatly improved management, Storm might survive.  Otherwise,
> >maybe Mustek or UMAX would like to add Storm to their product line ;-)

> Hayes has recently filed for bankruptcy yet again.

> --
> Wayne

> http://www.scantips.com/     "A few scanning tips"

Storm Technology Files for Bankruptcy

Post by Wayne Fult » Mon, 02 Nov 1998 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>Remember that bankruptcy is a relative condition - one where the
>company's expenses exceed its assets - and it can be remedied in some
>cases (Chrysler, with government loans which it did pay off; Hayes
>modems, still there but still not very profitable).  With some luck
>and greatly improved management, Storm might survive.  Otherwise,
>maybe Mustek or UMAX would like to add Storm to their product line ;-)

Hayes has recently filed for bankruptcy yet again.

--
Wayne

http://www.scantips.com/     "A few scanning tips"

1. Cray Computer Files For Bankruptcy Protection ????????

Sad to say, it's true. Cray Computer in Colorado Springs has filed for
bankruptcy protection. However, they never received an order for either a
Cray-3 or a Cray-4. Perhaps you have confused yourself by thinking of Cray
Research in Minnesota, which spun out Cray Computer several years ago. Cray
Research still seems to be going strong.

[Hey, anyone interested in using CAMs (Content Addressable Memories) in

Tom Weldon                                         All opinions are my own.
MUSIC Semiconductors                                No one else wants them.

2. You Toil While Pirates Spoil-Unique software

3. Zilog filing for bankruptcy

4. FTP and Frontpage

5. WinXP and storm technology scanners??????

6. Need HELP on ZIP files thru Email

7. I need help with a Storm Technology Imagestudio VF scanner

8. HELP! Problem "Not a dos disk in HD0"

9. ***********STORM TECHNOLOGY TOTAL SCAN EXPRESS HELP**********

10. HELP... USB Storm Technologies TotalScan Express Drivers Needed

11. Storm Technology Image Studio VF

12. Storm Technology Scanner Fix?

13. Storm Technology scanner Error #20004