US AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFRS LIE

Post by M80 » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

The US Airforce says that CCD flatbed scanner makers lie about specifications.
Air Force tests show that no flatbed has greater density than 2.7.  Many
scanner makers claim 3.6.  The tests show that resolution and color response
are also not truthfully indicated and that Binuscan improves color response but
does nothing for color depth.  Binuscan says in it's documentation that you can
get drum quality from a CCD scanner with their software.  That is total lie !

Robert G Smith

Post by M a r t i n » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>The US Airforce says that CCD flatbed scanner makers lie about specifications.
>Air Force tests show that no flatbed has greater density than 2.7.  Many
>scanner makers claim 3.6.  The tests show that resolution and color response
>are also not truthfully indicated and that Binuscan improves color response but
>does nothing for color depth.  Binuscan says in it's documentation that you can
>get drum quality from a CCD scanner with their software.  That is total lie !

>Robert G Smith

What kind of dope would actually think a piece of software would make a $100
scanner perform like a $10000???

_____________________________________
M a r t i n  B l a c k s t o n e
m a r t i n b 1 [a t] h o m e . c o m

Post by M80 » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: US AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFRS LIE

>Date: 1/5/99 8:32 PM Eastern Standard Time

>>The US Airforce says that CCD flatbed scanner makers lie about
>specifications.
>>Air Force tests show that no flatbed has greater density than 2.7.  Many
>>scanner makers claim 3.6.  The tests show that resolution and color response
>>are also not truthfully indicated and that Binuscan improves color response
>but
>>does nothing for color depth.  Binuscan says in it's documentation that you
>can
>>get drum quality from a CCD scanner with their software.  That is total lie
>!

>>Robert G Smith

>What kind of dope would actually think a piece of software would make a $100
>scanner perform like a $10000???

>_____________________________________
>M a r t i n  B l a c k s t o n e
>m a r t i n b 1 [a t] h o m e . c o m

Everyone that Binuscan can sell the lie to which is that Binuscan claims that
their software can give you drum quality from a CCD scanner.That is as
believable as Clinton's finger wagging lie about sex with Lowinski.

Robert G Smith

US AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFRS LIE

Post by testin » Thu, 07 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Sorry to *in, but I am getting sick and tired of your harassing JDeee
and flooding this newsgroup with those posts.

Please just e-mail him and discuss this in private or something...

Quote:> The US Airforce says that CCD flatbed scanner makers lie about

Post by M a r t i n » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Everyone that Binuscan can sell the lie to which is that Binuscan claims that
>their software can give you drum quality from a CCD scanner.That is as
>believable as Clinton's finger wagging lie about sex with Lowinski.

It sounds to me like you may have believed it too at one time eh?

_____________________________________
M a r t i n  B l a c k s t o n e
m a r t i n b 1 [a t] h o m e . c o m

Post by Mr 6 » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

<<<<The US Airforce says that CCD flatbed scanner makers lie about
specifications.
Air Force tests show that no flatbed has greater density than 2.7.  Many
scanner makers claim 3.6.  The tests show that resolution and color response
are also not truthfully indicated and that Binuscan improves color response but
does nothing for color depth.  Binuscan says in it's documentation that you can
get drum quality from a CCD scanner with their software.  That is total lie !

well, if you heard it, and it came from the airforce, then it must be true.

http://www.interpoint.net/~mr645

Post by M80 » Sat, 09 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: US AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFRS LIE

>Date: 1/6/99 8:09 PM Eastern Standard Time

>>Everyone that Binuscan can sell the lie to which is that Binuscan claims
>that
>>their software can give you drum quality from a CCD scanner.That is as
>>believable as Clinton's finger wagging lie about sex with Lowinski.

>It sounds to me like you may have believed it too at one time eh?

>_____________________________________
>M a r t i n  B l a c k s t o n e
>m a r t i n b 1 [a t] h o m e . c o m

I never believed Clinton and have not since he said he smoked pot and did not
inhale.  I also never voted for him.

Robert G Smith

Post by DB » Sun, 10 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> >Subject: Re: US AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFRS LIE

> >Date: 1/6/99 8:09 PM Eastern Standard Time

> >>Everyone that Binuscan can sell the lie to which is that Binuscan claims
> >that
> >>their software can give you drum quality from a CCD scanner.That is as
> >>believable as Clinton's finger wagging lie about sex with Lowinski.

> >It sounds to me like you may have believed it too at one time eh?

> >_____________________________________
> >M a r t i n  B l a c k s t o n e
> >m a r t i n b 1 [a t] h o m e . c o m

> I never believed Clinton and have not since he said he smoked pot and did not
> inhale.  I also never voted for him.

> Robert G Smith

Do the words sex and travel mean anything to you??? good, *-OFF. You
would be better off spending your time at www.muttonbone.com than
wasting peoples time in this group.

                                        Best Regards

                                            DB

Post by M a r t i n » Sun, 10 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Do the words sex and travel mean anything to you??? good, *-OFF

Man that is classic!!! Im going to have to remember to say this to someone!

_____________________________________
M a r t i n  B l a c k s t o n e
m a r t i n b 1 [a t] h o m e . c o m

US AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFRS LIE

Ditto !!

Post by M80 » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: US AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFRS LIE

>Date: 1/9/99 11:34 AM Eastern Standard Time

>>Do the words sex and travel mean anything to you??? good, *-OFF

>Man that is classic!!! Im going to have to remember to say this to someone!

>_____________________________________
>M a r t i n  B l a c k s t o n e
>m a r t i n b 1 [a t] h o m e . c o m

Loosing your temper again because you have been proven a Phony because of you
lak of working knowledge that Binuscan Phptoperfect for Windows ( Umax ) is
avaliable for $ 50 and you did not know it  ?  And that Binuscan and Umax Tech
people did not know this also ?  Your no engineer your unemployed.  May you run
a copy machine forever of Fleet Street.

Robert G Smith

US AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFRS LIE

Post by Rick Russe » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Good lord, it's like trying to argue with Tarzan. And he makes less
sense than Tarzan.

Rick R.

--

             * http://peripherals.miningco.com

1. AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFRS ARE LYING

A post in the Alt.scanner ng dated 8/12/98 says a US Airforce employee ( author
) did a survey that calls scanner makers claims about scanner resolution and
color density lies.  The scanners used were drum ( they performed as claimed )
to CCD.  The poster was Phil Lippincott.  This post also asserts that Binuscan
only helped color response slightly and did nothing for dynamic density.  My
two scanners ,  a HP 6100c amd A Umax Mirage 2 claim 3.4 and 3.6 respectfully
they also claim 600 DPI for the HP and 1400x700 for the Umax and in high
resolution mode 2800x1400 ( with the double lens on a reduced area ).  The
survey says that NO CCD scanner can get higher than 2.7 color density.
Resolution was also challenged by CCD scanners as exaggerated claims by the
scanner makers.  Mr Lippincott used a KODAK standard color density step chart (
poesative transparency T-126 ) to test  color and a 1954 optical quality chart
which is nimbered with lines dowm to 1 part per millimeter to test optical
resolution.  I plan to use these to test my scanners.  What is most sugnificant
is that the Binuscan software does very little improving.   HMMMMMM.

Robert G Smith

2. Can I customize the FP login box

3. US AIRFORCE SAYS SCANNER MFGS ARE LYING

4. Mimesweeper and Websence

5. lies, lies, and DAMN lies.....

6. Friday the 13th

7. US Airforce: 18,000 iPads for pilots

8. Access "old" ROM dll file

9. Lies ALL Lies!!!!

10. Lies, Damn Lies!: Best Buy, Melbourne, Fl

11. Lies, lies and benchmarks.

12. Lies, damn lies and benchmarks

13. TESTING:LIES DAMNED LIES