Texte et son

Post by S. Coli » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

Existe-t-il un logiciel pour convertir du texte en son ?

Dans le mme ordre d'ide, existe-t-il un logiciel pour exprimer un son en
image ?

Merci pour vos prcieuses informations.

Simon.

Texte et son

Post by Steve Bal » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

Simon,

Tu m'excuse pour parler anglais, mais je pense que les plus partes des gens
ici parlent anglais!

OK:

for expressing sound as an image, there is a program on the Sony playstation
demo disk that does this, and presumably something like this for the PC

For converting text to sound: do you mean speech? Or like the letter A to
note A?

Steve

>Existe-t-il un logiciel pour convertir du texte en son ?

>Dans le mme ordre d'ide, existe-t-il un logiciel pour exprimer un son en
>image ?

>Merci pour vos prcieuses informations.

>Simon.

Texte et son

Post by Chris Scudd » Sat, 23 May 1998 04:00:00

> Existe-t-il un logiciel pour convertir du texte en son ?

> Dans le mme ordre d'ide, existe-t-il un logiciel pour exprimer un son en
> image ?

> Merci pour vos prcieuses informations.

> Simon.

Je m'excuse pour le reponse en anglais...

There was some research done into converting text into music -
a chap called Reginald Bain at Northwestern University -
taking a literal mapping of letters to tones. I never heard
his results, but I can't imagine that the results would have
been particularly musical in a western melodic tonal sense -
although I can see that different styles of writing, even
different langages, would generate different music.

But why not just record a 300K modem sending an ASCII text
file? :-)

This is not completely related, but For my MSc thesis I
analysed melodies using a form of Markovian probability
analysis.

As a proof of concept, I started by analysing text in the same way.
For example, take some Shakespeare and work out the probability
of certain letters occuring in sequence.

Once you have established the probablities, you can
use a random number generator to produce pieces of text
that, whilst they don't make any sense, do in fact
"look" and "feel" like Shakepeare.

My musical adaptation of this never quite got as far as I
would have liked, but it's a cool idea.

        Chris

Texte et son

Post by Hissho=Certain Victor » Fri, 29 May 1998 04:00:00

testing sorry

: Existe-t-il un logiciel pour convertir du texte en son ?

: Dans le mme ordre d'ide, existe-t-il un logiciel pour exprimer un son en
: image ?

: Merci pour vos prcieuses informations.

: Simon.

1. dx7 et melange de sons ?

Je ne comprends pas comment melanger des sons sur mon DX7,je viens
d'acquerir se synth, et je n'ai pas la notice, si une ame charitable
veux bien m'en evoyer une photocopie , du moin juste le passage
concernant le melange des sons, je lui en serais infiniment
reconnaissant !!!

encore merci

Philippe/ groupe QUI
          bp 119
          20177 ajaccio cedex

2. Java update messed things up

3. Memoire et carte son

4. How to attach handler for mv2603 PCI interrupts

5. Midi und Texte

6. Help on Wing Commander 3

7. Meilleur carte son midi

8. Imagemap links to ASP page

9. Wami Box - Ed!son???

10. Mac TdB Son Aide

11. EWS64 XL users (cakewalk/cubasis/ed!son) out there?

12. 9' Steinway & Sons Concert Grand - San Francisco

13. MID files of "You Were There" by the Southern Sons needed.