Midi sax (yes sAx!)

Post by Barry Jon » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I'm looking to buy a midi sax for my son, so he can play in his
compositions instead of placing notes on staves. (Us piano players
have it easy!<g>) So far I found Akai's site, with the EWI3020, but
I've seen no prices.

Anybody have experiences using one?

Does anyone know of other midi saxes?

How bout some pointers to retailers with good prices?

Anybody got a used one that works correctly?<g>

Thanks

Barry
http://west.poly.edu/~bjones Check the VRML virtual worlds.
First door on the right, bring your own snorkel!

Midi sax (yes sAx!)

Post by Andreas Sumerau » Sun, 22 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi

The Yamaha WX 11 would also be an Option. I have been using it for some
Years now And I love it.
Look at the Wind Controller Homepage for more Information
http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~andrew/wind/

Andreas

Barry Jones schrieb:

Quote:> I'm looking to buy a midi sax for my son, so he can play in his
> compositions instead of placing notes on staves. (Us piano players
> have it easy!<g>) So far I found Akai's site, with the EWI3020, but
> I've seen no prices.

> Anybody have experiences using one?

> Does anyone know of other midi saxes?

> How bout some pointers to retailers with good prices?

> Anybody got a used one that works correctly?<g>

> Thanks

> Barry
> --
> http://west.poly.edu/~bjones Check the VRML virtual worlds.
> First door on the right, bring your own snorkel!

--
EARLY PATCHES

the sounds of rare acoustic Instruments

http://home.t-online.de/home/early.patches

Midi sax (yes sAx!)

Post by Barry Jon » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>Hi

>The Yamaha WX 11 would also be an Option. I have been using it for some
>Years now And I love it.
>Look at the Wind Controller Homepage for more Information
>http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~andrew/wind/

>Andreas

 A great resource! Thanks. I'm going to do some reading for a while,
then I may ask you some questions. I haven't been too successful
finding online retailers. Do you know what the prices are like for the
wind controllers?

Barry
http://west.poly.edu/~bjones Check the VRML virtual worlds.
First door on the right, bring your own snorkel!

Midi sax (yes sAx!)

Post by Daniel H Burne » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00

 There is also the CASIO "sax" which kindof tends toward "toy" type of
construction, but it will send MIDI and has a few internal sounds, and
is generally a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I believe it has been
discontinued.

Doesn't the EWI have keys that don't move? I would think that you would
have to be a very careful player for this.  I've never tried it.

-Dan

: Barry Jones schrieb:

: > I'm looking to buy a midi sax for my son, so he can play in his
: > compositions instead of placing notes on staves. (Us piano players
: > have it easy!<g>) So far I found Akai's site, with the EWI3020, but
: > I've seen no prices.
: >
: > Anybody have experiences using one?
: >
: > Does anyone know of other midi saxes?
: >
: > How bout some pointers to retailers with good prices?
: >
: > Anybody got a used one that works correctly?<g>
: >
: > Thanks
: >
: > Barry
: > --
: > __________________________________________________
: > http://west.poly.edu/~bjones Check the VRML virtual worlds.
: > First door on the right, bring your own snorkel!

: --
: EARLY PATCHES

: the sounds of rare acoustic Instruments

: http://home.t-online.de/home/early.patches

Midi sax (yes sAx!)

Post by David Wisema » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>  There is also the CASIO "sax" which kindof tends toward "toy" type of
> construction, but it will send MIDI and has a few internal sounds, and
> is generally a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I believe it has been
> discontinued.

Yes this dissapeared years ago, at least here in the UK. Definitely
towards the toy end of the market but had its uses as you say.
--

David Wiseman - Electronic Music Repairs/Services
Ilford, Essex