Finale 2001/Edirol UM-1/Roland XP-80/IMac

Finale 2001/Edirol UM-1/Roland XP-80/IMac

Post by Joe Van Gild » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 02:12:13

I have hooked my keyboard to my computer via edirol, and am
transcribing  to Finale. I am trying to use the internal metronome,
but it seems to transcribe 1/2 beat late. Should I use a different
"metronome" source?

Finale 2001/Edirol UM-1/Roland XP-80/IMac

Post by JB Seattl » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:42:25

The computer is using a softsynth for sounds, you will need a hardware chip
soundcard.
JB

Quote:> I have hooked my keyboard to my computer via edirol, and am
> transcribing  to Finale. I am trying to use the internal metronome,
> but it seems to transcribe 1/2 beat late. Should I use a different
> "metronome" source?

1. Finale 3.7.2 and the Roland XP-80

Hi. I don't know if anyone can answer my questions or not, but I'm
desperate. I just got a new Roland XP-80 synthesizer with an orchestration
expansion card. Now, I can get Finale to play with several different patches
at once, but only in the first bank of patches located when pushing the
Perform button. It will only play with one patch at a time in any of the
other banks of patches. Of course, the salesman said it would do everything
I needed with Finale and answered all my questions with a big, beaming
"Yes," but then, he get's paid if I buy the keyboard, right? I have a few
questions for anyone who has either a Roland XP-80, another model, or a
synthesizer that has more than one bank of patches, I guess.
1) How do I get Finale to playback with different patches at once?

2) Can I have Finale recognize different patches from different banks of
patches at the same time?

3) Exactly what in Finale tells it to use different patches? Is it the
channel number, program number, or that annoying thing that you check to
"Send Patches During Play"?

4) The Rhythm track: Can I get Finale to recognize it and actually use it
with the other voices?

As I said before, the salesman said yes to all of these questions, but did I
waste my money on this huge thing (the synth, I love Finale!)?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me.-Sean

2. AmigaDos 2.04 wanted for A2000

3. FREEWARE:Editor for Roland JV-1080, JV-2080, XP-50 and XP-80

4. Novell 4.11 & Netmeeting

5. CWPA 8.03/SB Live/Roland XP-80 - setup questions

6. does ME need a License

7. LOGIC Audio:Roland XP-80 patchnames

8. Fighting Games

9. MIDI Buffer Full using Roland XP-80??

10. FS: Roland Xp-80

11. Help with Soundblaster/Roland XP-80

12. Windows NT 4.0 and Roland XP-80 and Cubasis.

13. A good sequencer for Roland XP-80.