programming MIDI with Visual C++ 5.0

Post by Jean-Pierre GERVA » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hie!

I have to send MIDI signal with Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0.
Where could I find programs docs and tips?

Thanks

programming MIDI with Visual C++ 5.0

Post by Stephan Magnu » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi Jean- Pierre

Quote:>I have to send MIDI signal with Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0.
>Where could I find programs docs and tips?

Try this one

http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/

Have fun
Stephan

programming MIDI with Visual C++ 5.0

Post by J?rgen Aas » Fri, 15 Jan 1999 04:00:00

You need mmsystem.hlp!!!

JAA

> Hie!

> I have to send MIDI signal with Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0.
> Where could I find programs docs and tips?

> Thanks

programming MIDI with Visual C++ 5.0

Post by Jeff Mitchel » Wed, 20 Jan 1999 04:00:00

You should look for a windows Help file called mmsystem.hlp.  Probably a
search on www.ftpsearch.com would allow you to find it.  This help file
should provide most of the information you would need.  Also, the site
mentioned in one of the earlier replies has a great walkthrough of
sending a simple MIDI message to a sound card.  You should be able to
build on the basics presented in these two documents.  I just started
working on the same project about two weeks ago, and I have found these
two documents extremely useful.
-Jeff Mitchell

1. Visual C++ and MIDI output.

Hi.

I am trying to do something which I think is quite simple, but am
having some problems....

I have the path name of a MIDI file which I want to play in a VC++
program and I want to play it, pause it, and stop it using buttons.

I was hoping that Visual C++ v.5 would cater for this, but I am
having to play my file through an ActiveX control which is causing
portability problems.

does anyone know of a way around this???

cheers.

2. How copy and paste to X clipboard?

3. Visual C++ 6.0 as a Midi development tool

4. Unknown SuperMac board

5. Visual C++ Midi classes

6. Allegiance VS. XO

7. Visual C++ MIDI libraries

8. help

9. MIDI Streams in Visual C++

10. Sysex and Visual C++

11. Problem with midiStreamOut function in Visual C++

12. programming midi-out port in visual basic

13. Visual Basic MIDI programming question