What software to start with?

Post by Bori » Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:50:59

> something
> ......and in reply I say!:

> If you ask me a question, and I attempt to answer it, then you simply
> reply stating what you have done next, and ask another question,
> without any reference to previous messages, then I will rapidly start
> to ignore you. This is not _just_ sheer shittiness. It is
> practicality, when I am trying to suss out a problem over the Net (or
> even face to face).

> Never had any luck helping a fart get out of a colander.

> >I have access to Cakewalk and Logic now. the Cakewalk tutorial is
> >asking to load some tutorial1.wrk file whatever it is i guess it is
> >not any where in the Cakewalk directory. I can't find any .wrk files
> >to proceed with tutorial. Can you good guys point me to where do I get
> >it

> >I haven't done any sound proccessing staff, but I am one of those
> >software guys......
> >Thanks.
> >Boris

> Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

> (please remove ns from my header email address to reply)
> ....damn spam

>     !!
>    <")
>    _/ )
>    (   )
>   _//- \__/

> The part of you that I hate is the part of you that
> hates the part of me that hates the part of you that
> hates me for hating the part of you that I hate.

   Dear Mr. Nick White.

I posted several questions on this news group as well as others and in
many cases they were answered by both very knowlagable people and real
experts in the field of sound engineering such as yourself. It is very
inappropriate from me not to aknowlage the value of your opinion,
please except my apology. If you choose to rapidly ignore my postings
I anderstand; it would be rassional from the application of knowlage
point of view to share your expertise with professionals rather then
with deletants like myself.

Regards.
Boris Poludo.

What software to start with?

Post by Nick Whi » Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:02:13

something
......and in reply I say!:

hmmmm. not sure whether you understand my problem withm what happened.
I sense a certain sarcasm in your apology, and that a little offense
has been taken by you. None was meant by me. I tried to explain.

In short terms, if you are getting plenty of help, then I will happily
leave you to it.

BUT

I do NOT want to sit around here comparing * dimensions with
other people who already know what it's about, at the expense of
trying to help people who are asking for help
- (mutual* size displays with other know-alls, while ignoring
calls for help, in blunt terms <GG>).
I see too much of that in many news groups. In my defense I count
several hundred messages from me trying to help others, compared to
maybe 2 dozen of the other kind, or even approaching it.

I am not putting you down for not knowing. I am having difficulty
helping you because you are jumping around too much.

My problem, as I said, is largely a logical one. Nobody will be able
(and may not _want_ for long) to help you as effectively as possible
if you jump from subject to subject, rather than dealing with each
problem step by step. Sometimes a guy will guess your intention and
get it right first time. Even I manage this sometimes <G>. But often
these things take several messages to simply sort out what's _wrong_,
let alone solve it.

>> something
>> ......and in reply I say!:

>> If you ask me a question, and I attempt to answer it, then you simply
>> reply stating what you have done next, and ask another question,
>> without any reference to previous messages, then I will rapidly start
>> to ignore you. This is not _just_ sheer shittiness. It is
>> practicality, when I am trying to suss out a problem over the Net (or
>> even face to face).

>> Never had any luck helping a fart get out of a colander.

>> >I have access to Cakewalk and Logic now. the Cakewalk tutorial is
>> >asking to load some tutorial1.wrk file whatever it is i guess it is
>> >not any where in the Cakewalk directory. I can't find any .wrk files
>> >to proceed with tutorial. Can you good guys point me to where do I get
>> >it

>> >I haven't done any sound proccessing staff, but I am one of those
>> >software guys......
>> >Thanks.
>> >Boris

>> Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

>> (please remove ns from my header email address to reply)
>> ....damn spam

>>     !!
>>    <")
>>    _/ )
>>    (   )
>>   _//- \__/

>> The part of you that I hate is the part of you that
>> hates the part of me that hates the part of you that
>> hates me for hating the part of you that I hate.

>   Dear Mr. Nick White.

>I posted several questions on this news group as well as others and in
>many cases they were answered by both very knowlagable people and real
>experts in the field of sound engineering such as yourself. It is very
>inappropriate from me not to aknowlage the value of your opinion,
>please except my apology. If you choose to rapidly ignore my postings
>I anderstand; it would be rassional from the application of knowlage
>point of view to share your expertise with professionals rather then
>with deletants like myself.

>Regards.
>Boris Poludo.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

(please remove ns from my header email address to reply)
....damn spam

    !!
   <")
   _/ )
   (   )
  _//- \__/

The part of you that I hate is the part of you that
hates the part of me that hates the part of you that
hates me for hating the part of you that I hate.

What software to start with?

Post by philowe » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:14:51

Welcome to the newsgroup...

http://ourworld.cs.com/_ht_a/philowerx1/index.html
http://www.mp3.com/philowerx
http://philowerx.iuma.com

                !  !
                 ..
                 ~

What software to start with?

Post by Nick Whi » Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:56:19

wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

pardon? Are you saying I have done wrong?

Quote:>Welcome to the newsgroup...

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

(please remove ns from my header email address to reply)
....damn spam

    !!
   <")
   _/ )
   (   )
  _//- \__/

The part of you that I hate is the part of you that
hates the part of me that hates the part of you that
hates me for hating the part of you that I hate.

What software to start with?

Post by philowe » Tue, 19 Mar 2002 00:52:24

Haven't been following the thread.
Just trying to lighten up the place.

The part of you that I love is the part of you that
loves the part of me that loves the part of you that
loves me for loving the part of you that I love.

http://ourworld.cs.com/_ht_a/philowerx1/index.html
http://www.mp3.com/philowerx
http://philowerx.iuma.com

                !  !
                 ..
                 ~

What software to start with?

Post by Nick Whi » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:56:09

wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

See my latest posting about it then. I have very practical reasons for
requesting that if someone posts a question, they follow their own
actions.

Quote:>Haven't been following the thread.
>Just trying to lighten up the place.

>The part of you that I love is the part of you that
>loves the part of me that loves the part of you that
>loves me for loving the part of you that I love.

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>http://ourworld.cs.com/_ht_a/philowerx1/index.html
>http://www.mp3.com/philowerx
>http://philowerx.iuma.com

>                !  !
>                 ..
>                 ~

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

(please remove ns from my header email address to reply)
....damn spam

    !!
   <")
   _/ )
   (   )
  _//- \__/

The part of you that I hate is the part of you that
hates the part of me that hates the part of you that
hates me for hating the part of you that I hate.

What software to start with?

Post by philowe » Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:13:34

Quote:>. I have very practical reasons for
>requesting that if someone posts a question, they follow their own
>actions.

????????

http://ourworld.cs.com/_ht_a/philowerx1/index.html
http://www.mp3.com/philowerx
http://philowerx.iuma.com

                !  !
                 ..
                 ~

What software to start with?

Post by Nick Whi » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:49:02

wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

sigh!

If somebody asks a question, and I try to answer it, and they come
back without referring to either their own question or my answer, it:

- makes it hard to help them
- pisses me off

simple enough?

BTW I am trying to explain this to get Boris's nose back in joint. I
see very few useful posts, or even _attempted_ useful posts,  from
_you_.

Quote:>>. I have very practical reasons for
>>requesting that if someone posts a question, they follow their own
>>actions.

>????????

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>http://ourworld.cs.com/_ht_a/philowerx1/index.html
>http://www.mp3.com/philowerx
>http://philowerx.iuma.com

>                !  !
>                 ..
>                 ~

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

(please remove ns from my header email address to reply)
....damn spam

    !!
   <")
   _/ )
   (   )
  _//- \__/

The part of you that I hate is the part of you that
hates the part of me that hates the part of you that
hates me for hating the part of you that I hate.

What software to start with?

Post by philowe » Tue, 19 Mar 2002 23:02:32

Quote:>BTW I am trying to explain this to get Boris's nose back in joint. I
>see very few useful posts, or even _attempted_ useful posts,  from
>_you_.

As I have placed many helpful post in this newsgroup and others I see you are
just being confrontational.
I've seen you increasingly spar with  many others over trivial matters. If you
truly want to help have a little more patience. Tweaking peoples noses when
they don't understand your methodology is not helpful and requires that you
reexamine your tact...

http://ourworld.cs.com/_ht_a/philowerx1/index.html
http://www.mp3.com/philowerx
http://philowerx.iuma.com

                !  !
                 ..
                 ~

What software to start with?

Post by Nick Whi » Thu, 21 Mar 2002 03:55:28

wrote something
......and in reply I say!:

Quote:>As I have placed many helpful post in this newsgroup and others I see you are
>just being confrontational.

No. I am being spiteful in response to your just being confrontational
as far as I am concerned in this case.

I looked back over the past month or two. I found about 20 lines
(basically about 10 2-liners) from you, apart from the current
"repartee". If I missed any long, informative, considered replies from
you, then my apologies.

Quote:

>I've seen you increasingly spar with  many others over trivial matters.

Save your "chill-outs" for the really rude, useless ones, will you?

My issues are not trivial in my opinion. There are three issues.
- Common politeness.
- Being polite _at least_ until you get what you want (sheer good
tactics)
- Straight logic when dealing with diagnoses, especially at a
distance.

Quote:>If you
>truly want to help have a little more patience. Tweaking peoples noses when
>they don't understand your methodology is not helpful and requires that you
>reexamine your tact...

TACT! On the *ing Web! Give me a break!

I try to reserve my patience for the solving of PC music-related
riddles. I have none for simple rudeness and silliness, which has
nothing to do with music, PCs, knowledge or whether the person is new
to the groups.

I spend far more time, effort and words on problem-solving than I do
on commenting on people's behaviour. I have spent hours on people who
have shown willing to at least behave politely, rationally and show
consideration for the need to provide information in order to get more
back.

I read dozens of really daft posts on these groups. In the _huge_
majority of cases, when I see a chidish _initial_ post, I simply
ignore it. I don't need your "advice" on this matter. In your case,
since your somewhat childish post was in response to my actions, I
have reacted.

If people want my help for free, then my methodology comes as part of
the package. I happen to feel that it works most of the time, for me
and others. I have seen requests for info that resulted in 40
answers....all of them on the wrong tack, when a few simple questions
back would have refined matters. Anyway, it certainly makes it easier
on _me_, and I am the one being put out here, not the other guy.

I am not going to waste much more time on this. I have already wasted
as much time farting around about your sniping as I have in trying to
get others to behave reasonably over the past month, I should think.

OK. if I _really_ examined my tact...er tactics...

Actually Boris's spiteful, childish response to my fairly reasonable
statement of the need for more logic while we tried to answer his
questions, even though I had put considerable effort into trying help
already, and coupled with the fact that he:
- couldn't even be bothered to search for Logic on the Web, but needed
his hand held even for that
- suddenly "has access" to a couple of very expensive programmes,
simply confirms my opinion that some people should grow up, go away,
and rip off software and work it out for themselves.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

(please remove ns from my header email address to reply)
....damn spam

    !!
   <")
   _/ )
   (   )
  _//- \__/

Sometimes I want the part of my brain that thinks to go away.

What software to start with?

apology accepted...

Post by Mark Steven » Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:58:00

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:36:11 -0000, "Mark Stevens"

> ......and in reply I say!:

> I am not saying anything about the software, but the "minimum PC" you
> state is never going to work in the real world. It would not allow all
> those audio tracks, and the 200Mb storage would last about 5 minutes
> of audio recording.

> I say this because when Audio first hit the scene, it was a huge shock
> to many people that the claims of the software guys were crap, given
> the capabilities of the PCs _available_ let alone the "minimum"
> claimed. The original poster has been in PC-Audio mothballs, by their
> own statement.
> I agree with this but since when am I going to use all 2000 midi tracks

and all 64 audio tracks in one song, that's a lot of memory and Hard drive
space...Most midi tracks I do rarely ever reach 16 tracks of midi in total
and even in that I still have room on the spare tracks for audio without
going over the 16 track limit, I can still get a quality file out of it
without having to resort to loads of program bank change commands, just the
original sound the track started off with through to the end.
Regards.............Mark.
> >Instead of Logic...why not try Magix Music Studio 7, this is basically
Logic

Post by philowe » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:24:24

.