awe64 or live?

awe64 or live?

Post by alex » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 06:01:17



Should I get an AWE64Gold with 28mb ram on it or the live platinum? I
already have an awe64gold but want one in my other computer. Is the live
much better?
On cubasis which I use at the moment, I can't change pitch bend etc. Is
there any software for about 100 that will let me do that as well as other
efct like modulation etc.? Is it my soundcard or is it the software?

Thanks

--
------------------------------
To reply remove nospam from email address

 
 
 

awe64 or live?

Post by Ertugrul iNAN » Sun, 08 Apr 2001 07:21:03



Quote:> Should I get an AWE64Gold with 28mb ram on it or the live platinum?

Live, surely!

Quote:> I already have an awe64gold but want one in my other computer. Is the live
> much better?

Certainly.

* 3 midi ports (2 hard + 1 soft)
* 32 simultaneous wave output

Quote:> On cubasis which I use at the moment, I can't change pitch bend etc. Is
> there any software for about 100 that will let me do that as well as
other
> efct like modulation etc.?

Try NoteWorthy Composer (Shareware, $49.99, http://www.ntworthy.com)
he recent (1.7x) version supports all sblive controllers plus several xg
ones. Pitch bending support is native since the first ever version released.

Or, it's worth trying Fred Nachbaur's free midi tempering tools for applying
pitch bends to standard midi files. You can find them at his website
(http://www.netidea.com/~fredn/)

Quote:> Is it my soundcard or is it the software?

Software. Pitch bend is -as far as I know- native in general midi.

Hth,
Ertugrul

 
 
 

1. Soundfonts with AWE64 and Live!

Hi,

I have a "compatibility question" about SB AWE64 and
SB Live! regarding soundfonts. The AWE64 has a ROM sample
of 1Mb onboard but the Live! has no ROM. Does this mean
that some SoundFonts are not compatible with the Live!
since it could be using some ROM samples of the AWE64?

Thanks.

/Jonas

2. RIPREP Adv. Server

3. awe64 and sb live value

4. How do i burna cd on a CD-RW?

5. AWE64 (OEM) vs AWE64 Gold (RETAIL) - Difference

6. VAX Mail.mai file

7. AWE64/AWE64 Gold?

8. cerco meccano

9. awe64 vs. awe64 value

10. Difference between sb live value and sb live player

11. Rendering midi files : SB live/SB live value/Terratech card/ general?

12. AWE64 midi in help please

13. AWE64 MIDI problems