Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

Post by Paul Matthew » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 07:34:45

I have used the hypersrcibe feature to play from my midi keyboard, the notes
have appeard on the screen ok, however whn I playback, I still get my old
'faulty human' recording, not one which matches the note on the screen
perfectly (that is, having been fixed up).

Where is the 'align playback' feature from Encore?

Cheers

Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

Post by Cristóbal De Jesú » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 10:55:03

Hyperscribe/Hyperscribe options/Quant settings/More settings.  Then adjust
sensitivity level (may have to get lower resolution, it defaults to 32nds).

--
Toby
Paz para Vieques

Quote:> I have used the hypersrcibe feature to play from my midi keyboard, the
notes
> have appeard on the screen ok, however whn I playback, I still get my old
> 'faulty human' recording, not one which matches the note on the screen
> perfectly (that is, having been fixed up).

> Where is the 'align playback' feature from Encore?

> Cheers

Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

Post by Paul Matthew » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:42:40

Thanks. Didn't quite solve, however I solved it myself:

Options - Playback options - disable playback note velocities

> Hyperscribe/Hyperscribe options/Quant settings/More settings.  Then adjust
> sensitivity level (may have to get lower resolution, it defaults to
32nds).

> --
> Toby
> Paz para Vieques

> > I have used the hypersrcibe feature to play from my midi keyboard, the
> notes
> > have appeard on the screen ok, however whn I playback, I still get my
old
> > 'faulty human' recording, not one which matches the note on the screen
> > perfectly (that is, having been fixed up).

> > Where is the 'align playback' feature from Encore?

> > Cheers

Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

Post by Laurence Payn » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 20:07:25

Tell us how, then?   Now you've got us interested :-)
Quote:>Thanks. Didn't quite solve, however I solved it myself:

Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

Post by Dean Crocke » Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:38:58

Playback Settings | Playback Options | uncheck Play Recorded" everything

Dean

> I have used the hypersrcibe feature to play from my midi keyboard, the notes
> have appeard on the screen ok, however whn I playback, I still get my old
> 'faulty human' recording, not one which matches the note on the screen
> perfectly (that is, having been fixed up).

> Where is the 'align playback' feature from Encore?

> Cheers

Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

Post by Cristóbal De Jesú » Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:03:42

Try Options/Quantization Settings, and play with the options for desired
results.

Toby
Paz para Vieques

Quote:> I have used the hypersrcibe feature to play from my midi keyboard, the
notes
> have appeard on the screen ok, however whn I playback, I still get my old
> 'faulty human' recording, not one which matches the note on the screen
> perfectly (that is, having been fixed up).

> Where is the 'align playback' feature from Encore?

> Cheers

Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

Post by Paul Matthew » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:26:18

I did - previous post...

Quote:> Tell us how, then?   Now you've got us interested :-)

> >Thanks. Didn't quite solve, however I solved it myself:

1. Assistance with Finale 2002 problem - playback not working

Hi

I have Finale 2002 with a 4-score piece (piano, bass , guitar lead etc). I
have it set up to play back my Roland JV 1010 (in a multitrack setup), and
so far all has been well.

However, now when I press 'play', I get a message on the status bar saying
'Processing Measure XXX', where XXX is quickly changing list of measure
numbers.

So, somewhere along the line, something I have done has forced it to be
unplayable, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

2. PCMCOM?! where?

3. Qestion on Finale 2002: hearing your midi keyboard play your Soundblaster while recording

4. unwanted Sendmail messages on the console

5. finale 2002 - propellerhead reason - hubi

6. Missing friend - please HELP!

7. Finale 2002 or Sibelius 2????

8. D64 files on GERMAN server?

9. Finale 2002 entry - editing notes after entry

10. Finale 2002 Query

11. Coda Finale 2002 for Win9x/NT $210

12. Finale 2002?

13. newbie question about home studio 2002 and c-media built-in audio