Looking for DOS midi-playing TSR (mpu401, maybe other cards)

Looking for DOS midi-playing TSR (mpu401, maybe other cards)

Post by Linards Ticmani » Sat, 05 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello,
maybe you can help me. I am looking for a DOS TSR that can be used to
play midi files in the background while some other program is running.
It doesn't have to be particularly compatible to odd stuff, however it
would be nice if you could feed it with a couple of file names
beforehand via command line, then use different otherwise unused
interrupt calls from the foreground program to play the different pieces
at infinitum.
Also if somebody knows of a midi player that comes as (or with)
sourcecode for some not-too-* compiler it would be very fine
indeed, then I could implement these functions for myself.
Everything that uses less than about 100 KB of conventional memory
should be fine.

(explanation: I'm trying to add some music to some older,
pre-Soundblaster games that didn't have any, without too much code
changes)

Thank your very musch for your great help in advance.

P.S. Please email answers, I can't read news every day. If you know of
some better place to ask this question, tell me.
--

Linards Ticmanis

<BRIBE> me. I'll leave.

1. Driver to emulate MPU401 to DOS program in Windows

Does anyone know of a driver or program that would make a DOS program
that is running in a DOS box under Windows 95 think there is an MPU401
available? I've got some old DOS MIDI programs that I'd like to use,
but they won't run because Win95 "owns" the MPU401.

It is OK with me to give the DOS program exclusive use of the MPU
while it runs.

Please reply by email, since I might not see your reply before my
newserver purges the messages.

Thanks,

Tim.

---------------------------------

2. Need Help Compiling C/C++ Programs for AutoCAD

3. * Looking for Chaos Soundbank and others.

4. SIMM prices

5. Playing Midi In Dos With a SB32PnP

6. Tandy 1100FD

7. Playing Back MIDIs -- Am I doing it right?

8. Help: Low Cost SMP SS10...

9. Playing ALL MIDI formats in DOS

10. Playing midifile from tp6 (dos)

11. Looking for MIDI-Sequencer for DOS.

12. DOS midi player in Win95's DOS box

13. Looking for MPU401 Drivers for Win3.1