help: reduce song tempo and note length

Post by Sebastian » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:38:04

Hi
I built a song in FruityLoops (unfortunately) with a tempo of 380 to get my
64(instead of 8) beats per pattern running in a proper tempo. Now I wanted
to inport it in Cubase, but the actual tempo of the song should be 95. Is
there a possibility to reduce the length of all midi-notes by 1/4, so a 1/4
note becomes a 1/16? because i dont want to do it manually. perhaps a
function in cubase sx or with a external midi-editing tool?
thx
Sebastian

help: reduce song tempo and note length

Post by dickydo » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:03:51

If its any help in my sequencer its called "gate time" and it is altered by
percentage.

Quote:> Hi

Post by Günter Nagle » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:01:26

> I built a song in FruityLoops (unfortunately) with a tempo of 380 to get my
> 64(instead of 8) beats per pattern running in a proper tempo. Now I wanted
> to inport it in Cubase, but the actual tempo of the song should be 95. Is
> there a possibility to reduce the length of all midi-notes by 1/4, so a 1/4
> note becomes a 1/16? because i dont want to do it manually. perhaps a
> function in cubase sx or with a external midi-editing tool?

GNMIDI has such operation:
http://www.gnmidi.com/manual/english/index.html?miditiming.htm

demo at http://www.gnmidi.com

Gnter

help: reduce song tempo and note length

Post by Sebastian » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:55:05

Thanks to all, everything worked perfectly.

Perhaps another question:
Is there any possibility to make use of 16th notes in FruityLoops without
rising the tempo up to 400? because i want to use Fruity as VST in Cubase
because it works perfect for creating Drumloops. But when it is synched to
Cubase, i can only use 8 beats per bar...

1. reduce tempo and quantization

Hi
I built a song in FruityLoops (unfortunately) with a tempo of 380 to get my
64(instead of 8) beats per pattern running in a proper tempo. Now I wanted
to inport it in Cubase, but the actual tempo of the song should be 95. Is
there a possibility to reduce the length of all midi-notes by 1/4, so a 1/4
note becomes a 1/16? because i dont want to do it manually. perhaps a
function in cubase sx or with a external midi-editing tool?
thx
Sebastian

2. Connecting a CD-writer..

3. Guitars in Cakewalk (strumming and note length)

4. SMTP Gateway

5. Magix Music Studio - Problem : all songs play in tempo 120

6. DRWTSN32.EXE issue ..oh god please help me...

7. ==== HELP: Who makes CrO2 Cassette tapes in 5 or 10 min. lengths??===

8. Last Emperor movie song music notes ?

9. Song-based sequencer that has easy to use note entering facilities?

10. Can a song be composed one note at a time?

11. Do I have to 'shift' each single Note-On to Transpose a song?

12. cakewalk tempo change help