Roland E-30; Am I out of luck playing General MIDI?

Roland E-30; Am I out of luck playing General MIDI?

Post by Jim Dukeminie » Sun, 15 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I've been trying to find info on the correct way (via drivers, patch
setups,etc) to enable my Roland E-30 to play net GM or GS midi files.

Downloaded files do play, but the channel setup always has to be
modified, i.e. I have to redirect tracks to channels 2,3,4 or 10 to get
all of the tracks to play.

Nothing seems to work well. Maybe it's because the E-30 doesn't support
the current instrument sounds in use today or General MIDI.

One thing that has frustrated me is that Roland's Manual devotes very
little to the MIDI section.

Any ideas? If this isn't the
right forum for questions like this, let me know.

Thx
Jim Dukeminier  Littleton, CO

1. Midi plays 30 second then stops.

SB16 old style card not PnP.
Windows 3.11 for work groups.
386DX33
8megs Simms

Midi plays midi files for 30 seconds then stops.  Tell it to play again
and the same thing.  New installation, reinstall drives, updated drivers
from Creative Lab WEB site, still the same. Wave and games work fine, no
problems.  Any Help will be appreciated.  Thanks.
--
*-------------------------------------*
|           Billy Martin              |

2. Registring for Raw Input

3. GR-30 vs AX-100 for fingerstyle guitar playing.

4. Reg: Dynamically set context key in gridview for autocomplete

5. Using serial midi interface and Roland XP-30

6. WFMO_Reactor event loop eats up CPU time

7. Midi with JV-30 from Roland

8. Help: memory-specific pointers increase program size

9. Problem with Roland XP-30, Cubase and MIDI

10. Midi-Problem with Roland XP-30

11. I am what I am: Midi request

12. FS Roland A-30 76 Key midi controller - $300 obo