Cakewalk 5.0 hangs in record mode

Post by Earl Kioster » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Sometimes while recording a track in Cakewalk 5.0, when STOP is pressed, the
metronome continues to click, and can't be stopped.  The program will not
respond to anything.  I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL, and force an end task to
cakewalk. If I re-launch Cakewalk, it goes into stuck mode again, metronome
ticking away.  If I reboot Win'95 , it's OK (for a while).

Anyone had this problem?

Earl Kiosterud

*ia Beach, VA USA

Cakewalk 5.0 hangs in record mode

Post by U-Frai » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Just wait for a minute.
Eugene. I had it if I record big audio tracks.

Post by Nick Whi » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>Sometimes while recording a track in Cakewalk 5.0, when STOP is pressed, the
>metronome continues to click, and can't be stopped.  The program will not
>respond to anything.  I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL, and force an end task to
>cakewalk. If I re-launch Cakewalk, it goes into stuck mode again, metronome
>ticking away.  If I reboot Win'95 , it's OK (for a while).

>Anyone had this problem?

>Earl Kiosterud

>*ia Beach, VA USA

What soundcard are you using. The SB cards in "full duplex" mode can
give trouble. Are you recording MIDI or Audio? try altering the Audio
buffers settings. This may help. How much RAM do you have, and what
speed machine are you using? RAM will not increase AUdio tracks, but
can help a lot with programme performance.

Try just leaving tyhe programme running for about a minute and see if
it fixes itself.

There is a news HOST called news.cakewalk.com that is devoted to
cakewalk. Add a new host to your news reader, and you get help from
Cakewlak staff, and other power users.

1. Q: Which to buy: Cakewalk Pro 5.0 or Cakewalk Pro Audio 5.0 ?

Hi,

I'm considering upgrading from Cakewalk Professional 3.0 to either
Professional 5.0 or Pro Audio 5.0.  Hardware = DX 66/2 and Turtle Beach
Tahiti sound card.  I'm trying to determine if my hardware can take
advantage of the extra recording tracks of Pro Audio.  I require rock
solid MIDI/Audio synchronization.  As far as I can tell, the Tahiti
cannot record more than two tracks at once, but can it playback more
than four?  Also, would a DX 66/2 be able to handle more than four
tracks sync'd with MIDI?

With my current set up, MIDI sync with four tracks is a crap shoot.
Sometimes the sync is close enough, sometimes it is not, often it
crashes.  It fails the click test (record two tracks of sequenced
clicks, then play back alongside the original sequence and aurally
follow as they go in and out of sync).

Any comments and/or suggestions appreciated.  Also any suggestions on
how to improve MIDI/Audio sync in general would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
-- Jeff.

2. Shared border code 2000

3. ATTN:Luud --- Cakewalk INS file for Korg NS5R - ns5r.ins (1/1)

4. DatePicker

5. ATTN:Luud --- Cakewalk INS file for Korg NS5R - ns5r.ins (0/1)

6. 100base speed?

7. Multi-Instrument Recording in CakeWalk Pro 5.0?

8. Hard Disk recording, and Cakewalk 5.0

9. Cakewalk hangs on audio tracks

10. Cakewalk -- Playlist mode "bug"

11. Cakewalk INS files for Roland XP/JV expansion boards

12. Trade - CAKEWALK v8 for FX1 and FX2 Plug-Ins