Qestion on Finale 2002: hearing your midi keyboard play your Soundblaster while recording

Qestion on Finale 2002: hearing your midi keyboard play your Soundblaster while recording

Post by Paul Matthew » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:47:36

I have a midi controller on channel 1: while I am recording, the notes
appear, and all is well on the score, however I cannot hear the notes from
my Soundblaster while I am recording. When I playback, I can hear them. What
do I need to do to hear them during recording?

Post by Paul Matthew » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:56:37

I have a midi controller on channel 1: while I am recording, the notes
appear, and all is well on the score, however I cannot hear the notes from
my Soundblaster while I am recording. When I playback, I can hear them. What
do I need to do to hear them during recording?

Qestion on Finale 2002: hearing your midi keyboard play your Soundblaster while recording

Post by Drummagu » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:46:58

Under "Speedy" make sure "playback" is checked, that might work

Quote:> I have a midi controller on channel 1: while I am recording, the notes

Post by Colin Broo » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 19:02:29

Quote:> I have a midi controller on channel 1: while I am recording, the notes
> appear, and all is well on the score, however I cannot hear the notes from
> my Soundblaster while I am recording. When I playback, I can hear them.
What
> do I need to do to hear them during recording?

First thing to do is to go to the MIDI menu>MIDI Thru and check that MIDI
thru is not set to "Off".  If it is, either set it to "fixed channel" (and
probably set the number to channel 1) or to "Smart" (whereby Finale will
change the channel depending on what staff you are working on in the score).

This should work, but if it doesn't, let me know.

Colin.

Tech Support: "I need you to boot the computer."
Customer: (THUMP! Pause.) "No, that didn't help."
----------------------------
Colin Broom, composer

(To reply, omit the Cb7#9 chord from the e-mail address)

Invention Ensemble:  www.inventionensemble.com
----------------------------

Qestion on Finale 2002: hearing your midi keyboard play your Soundblaster while recording

Post by Paul Matthew » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 18:26:19

The Midi thru did the trick. Thanks.

> > I have a midi controller on channel 1: while I am recording, the notes
> > appear, and all is well on the score, however I cannot hear the notes
from
> > my Soundblaster while I am recording. When I playback, I can hear them.
> What
> > do I need to do to hear them during recording?

> First thing to do is to go to the MIDI menu>MIDI Thru and check that MIDI
> thru is not set to "Off".  If it is, either set it to "fixed channel" (and
> probably set the number to channel 1) or to "Smart" (whereby Finale will
> change the channel depending on what staff you are working on in the
score).

> This should work, but if it doesn't, let me know.

> Colin.

> Tech Support: "I need you to boot the computer."
> Customer: (THUMP! Pause.) "No, that didn't help."
> ----------------------------
> Colin Broom, composer

> (To reply, omit the Cb7#9 chord from the e-mail address)

> Invention Ensemble:  www.inventionensemble.com
> ----------------------------

1. Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

I have used the hypersrcibe feature to play from my midi keyboard, the notes
have appeard on the screen ok, however whn I playback, I still get my old
'faulty human' recording, not one which matches the note on the screen
perfectly (that is, having been fixed up).

Where is the 'align playback' feature from Encore?

Cheers

2. New Indy system

3. Assistance with Finale 2002 problem - playback not working

4. Warp Server - lprportd.exe fails

5. finale 2002 - propellerhead reason - hubi

6. AS400/ COBOL/ CONTRACT/ HAWAII

7. Finale 2002 or Sibelius 2????

8. Is using Terminal Services a good idea for remote server administration?

9. Finale 2002 entry - editing notes after entry

10. Finale 2002 Query

11. Coda Finale 2002 for Win9x/NT $210

12. Finale 2002?

13. hearing my midi keyboard while I'm playing it.