Explorer Won't Play My Sound File!

Post by FaustTig » Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>Netscape Communicator uses Java to process the midi file before
>importing it as a QuickTime movie. This considerably slows down the
>downloading of the rest of the page including the photographs (this
>should be better). So far America Online 3.0 does the most elegant job
>of processing and playing the sound file as the rest of my home page
>downloads (I would never have believed it!).

I use the following midi plugin (PPC and 68K versions) at:

http://www.planete.net/~amasson/

which avoids the "importing movie" delay used by LiveAudio and QuickTime
plugins.  It also displays karaoke.    I liked it better than Crescendo
because it can handled multiple embedded midi files, which Crescendo
didn't use to handle (has this been fixed yet?).

NOTE: Works fine with  Netscape and IE  2.x and 3.x.    HOWEVER, it
currently doesn't work with 4.0.1... needs an upgrade (or 4.0.1 needs
one).

Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more; it is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.          SHAKESPEARE (Macbeth)

1. MIDI files won't play in Windows 98

Trouble -- please help!

A friend of mine upgraded  MS Media Player to version 6.4, didn't like it,
and uninstalled it. Now he can't play Midi's from his hard drive OR his home
page, even though Media Player comes up and appears to be playing the file.

We have done as much trouble shooting as we know how, but no results! Could
it be a file was corrupted when he uninstalled 6.4?

What specific files are needed to play a .MIDI file in Windows 98?

Thanks in advance,
JPM

2. Q: CARTESIAN PRODUCT symbol

3. Midi files won't play under Windows 95.

4. The Fast and The Furious Petition!

5. HELP!! Won't play MIDI files

6. Still corrupt files.

7. IE6.0 won't stop playing bkground MIDI

8. Amipro/2 printing and saving problems

9. My player won't play!

10. Why does IE play MID but won't download.

11. media player won't play .mid

12. midi won't play