Midi USBto15pin Connectors

Post by Turd Ferguso » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 04:05:33

Notebook without 15-pin game port.  Have seen a USB to 15-pin game port.

Will this work with midi?  Increase the speed of transmission as with USB?

Midi USBto15pin Connectors

Post by Jeffery S. Jone » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:44:55

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:05:33 -0500, Turd Ferguson

>Notebook without 15-pin game port.  Have seen a USB to 15-pin game port.

>Will this work with midi?  Increase the speed of transmission as with USB?

  AFAIK, no -- the gameport USB adapter just does the gameport
electronics, not the MIDI.  Not much point to that, since USB MIDI
port devices are available.

  Maybe there is some device out there which emulates a normal
soundcard gameport/MPU-401 device.  I could see some use for it, if
you have a computer based MIDI device which only has a gameport
connector, no normal MIDI connection.
--
*-__Jeffery Jones__________|  *Starfire*   |____________________-*

Midi USBto15pin Connectors

Post by Oogle » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:01:05

The most inexpensive  is the  USB Midi adapter. Midiman has one. It plugs
to the USB and  has a small box that has normal MIDI IN, MIDI OUT  .

A more expensive way is SOUDBLASTER EXTIGY . It is an USB external sound
card with MIDI IN and OUT.

> On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 14:05:33 -0500, Turd Ferguson

>>Notebook without 15-pin game port.  Have seen a USB to 15-pin game
>>port.

>>Will this work with midi?  Increase the speed of transmission as with
>>USB?

>   AFAIK, no -- the gameport USB adapter just does the gameport
> electronics, not the MIDI.  Not much point to that, since USB MIDI
> port devices are available.

>   Maybe there is some device out there which emulates a normal
> soundcard gameport/MPU-401 device.  I could see some use for it, if
> you have a computer based MIDI device which only has a gameport
> connector, no normal MIDI connection.

Midi USBto15pin Connectors

Post by Laurence Payn » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:23:39

Quote:>Notebook without 15-pin game port.  Have seen a USB to 15-pin game port.

>Will this work with midi?  Increase the speed of transmission as with USB?

Unlikely.  But ask the manufacturer, not us :-)

CubaseFAQ page www.laurencepayne.co.uk/CubaseFAQ.htm

1. How to make 15 pin MIDI/Joystick to MIDI in/out connectors?

I would like to know how to make the adapter connections to use the
external MIDI port on the Ensoniq Soundscape card.
I guess this is a standard 15 pin MIDI / Joystick port.

I know pins 4 and 5 carry the signal with 2 being the shield in
regards to the MIDI 5 pin connector, but which is out and in
(transmit/receive)?

Are these signals referenced to ground or +5vdc?

Bruce
St.Louis, MO

2. Can't stop relaying

3. ADA Midi Controller MC-1 / Midi 7 pin connector...

4. Painting program for Amstrad CPC 6128 Plus.

5. Do midi keyboards need special connectors to connect to computer?

6. Asus and Win2k

7. Connector for laptop midi port (FAQ perhaps?)

8. NEC 78k0 cpu - code wanted for 780034AY

9. SB Joystick/MIDI Connector Pinouts?

10. Help w/ construction of MIDI connector

11. Where to get MPU-401 to MIDI din cables/connectors?

12. Q: gameport <> midi connector cable layout

13. ---------TI NOTEBOOK MIDI CONNECTOR---HELP!!