Java MIDI output device to MIDI Yoke.

Post by Hugo Villeneu » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:29:06

Hello

I want to send Midi note from my Java application to another
commercial music application (FruityLoop). I use the Midi Yoke to make
the loop from the Output To the Input and It works fine except for
MIDI from my Java APP.

When I play MIDI with the MidiPlayer example from jsresources.org I
choose the Yoke Midi output device but the music still play in the
speakers. MidiPlayer found the Yoke output port but look like using
the default Ouput. Is it a bug in the sample ?

 I use JDK 1.3 but I also try with 1.4.1 and I have the same result.
Any one have use the MIDI YOKE Mapper with Java ?

Thank you

Java MIDI output device to MIDI Yoke.

Post by Note J » Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:35:01

If you have windows 98, it has a midi mapper.
Go to start slide up to settings and select control panel.
Then click on multi media icon, and select midi tab.

You are now presented with a mapper.

1. Java Midi programming - switching devices?

Hi,

I'm writing midi software in Java.

I've got a Soundblaster AWE64, and I'm using the oss sound driver for
Linux.

I can write code which plays a midi sequence, but it always uses the
internal sound source. I'd like to be able to play out the external midi
port. Has anyone else done this?

The MidiSystem.getMidiDeviceInfo() function returns two MidiDevice.Info
objects. I was hoping that there would be one each for the two midi
ports, but that isn't so - one implements the Sequencer interface, the
other the Synthesizer interface. Any clues?

// Michael Davis
// http://www.damaru.com
// http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/87/michael_davis.html
// From sunny Toronto

2. Access97-FP98-ASP-HELP!

3. MIDI output devices

4. Network drive mapping of shared folder still not working

5. Cubase default output device problem

6. !! Time to get a Web Page?

7. Please help - MIDI Yoke (or any Multiclient MIDI on NT)

8. partial template specialization

9. MULTI-MIDI: Using MIDI-OX/Yoke issues - passing XGEDIT edits through Calkwalk

10. MIDI Yoke - Please help!

11. Does anyone use Midi Yoke for NT?

12. MIDI Ox/Yoke Computer Shutdown problems

13. midi yoke/cubase/rebirth/reality help